Top Down Yellowing Leaves... After deep reflection I still can't figure it out...

• Thread starter ethcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok guys , I know it's a pip squeak comment , but ...... Were your clones doing well , and healthy from the start , or were they red stemmed , yellow and slow to root , and you hoped they would strengthen up in your set up .....
I've seen jet lag in clones from the un healthy moms and they never catch up and regain health ,
Just a thought

Is it a new strain , have you run her before ? What strain is it if you don't mind me asking ....

ethcan

ethcan

Ok guys , I know it's a pip squeak comment , but ...... Were your clones doing well , and healthy from the start , or were they red stemmed , yellow and slow to root , and you hoped they would strengthen up in your set up .....
I've seen jet lag in clones from the un healthy moms and they never catch up and regain health ,
Just a thought
These clones were actually pretty good. Green and nice and I had about 30 extras so I initially chose the best ones and tossed 30 slowest ones.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey ethcan , hope the plants recover , and I hope you continue to post the progress , I see a lot of great advice here but then often loose track of the outcome ......
It would be great if we can see what happens in 2 or 3 weeks and what steps were taken towards recovery , looking forward to a strong comeback

todoriri

todoriri

Yeah I know I've read CocoForCannabis blog thoroughly several times over the past few weeks....

I really want to just go for it with the daily irrigation but am quite afraid of the roots not being able to take it.

I guess I don't have much to lose at this point.

I'm interested to hear about feed size, and how often.

I would imagine I should irrigate 2 hours after lights on, to runoff, and then again, to runoff, half way through the day? (18HR on 6HR off)

Hi ethcan.
I feel for you and the plants and hope you figure it out soon.

I am a noob and maybe my 2 cents are not exactly on point but wanted to ask if you checked your measuring instruments? Know you mentioned that not all plants seem equally affected, but it is just a thought.

Do your nutes contain any wetting agent to help with flushing? If your irrigation system allows it, it might be something to consider. I use a yucca-based one in soil and dwc and it helps. I suspect that in coco, a wetting agent is not as effective as in soil, but as it reduces the surface tension of the nutrient solution, it will help the roots to access/absorb more of it. I believe.

Isn't possible to introduce some Mycorrhiza / Trichoderma fungi/bacteria to balance evental nutrient deficiency and fight off any possible pathogens? I am not sure if this would give any quick results and if it can be done in your nutrient solution/irrigation system.

Good luck with saving your precious plants.

ethcan

ethcan

Hi ethcan.
I feel for you and the plants and hope you figure it out soon.

I am a noob and maybe my 2 cents are not exactly on point but wanted to ask if you checked your measuring instruments? Know you mentioned that not all plants seem equally affected, but it is just a thought.

Do your nutes contain any wetting agent to help with flushing? If your irrigation system allows it, it might be something to consider. I use a yucca-based one in soil and dwc and it helps. I suspect that in coco, a wetting agent is not as effective as in soil, but as it reduces the surface tension of the nutrient solution, it will help the roots to access/absorb more of it. I believe.

Isn't possible to introduce some Mycorrhiza / Trichoderma fungi/bacteria to balance evental nutrient deficiency and fight off any possible pathogens? I am not sure if this would give any quick results and if it can be done in your nutrient solution/irrigation system.

Good luck with saving your precious plants.
Thanks very much. I absolutely will keep the forum updated...

i use a wetting agent with all irrigation’s.

i have used microbes before but ive switched over to running full sterile now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Screenshot 20200704 172407 Chrome

That's what I was thinking too ^^^
I would flush them out well for starts

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would agree in bigger pots with more media.

No. I mean hand watered when dry is how everyone was doing coco 5 years ago. With that popular oregon made organic nute line.

And all the guides i read when i was thinking to try it back then also showed to water when dry just like peat. Just dries a lot faster and holds calcium locked in the medium was the only caution.

The interenet is mostly good for fads. But as they change they get hidden back pages in search engines.

Tons of methods work for every medium. Plenty of proof all over of all kinds of methods.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No. I mean hand watered when dry is how everyone was doing coco 5 years ago. With that popular oregon made organic nute line.

And all the guides i read when i was thinking to try it back then also showed to water when dry just like peat. Just dries a lot faster and holds calcium locked in the medium was the only caution.

The interenet is mostly good for fads. But as they change they get hidden back pages in search engines.

Tons of methods work for every medium. Plenty of proof all over of all kinds of methods.
Yeah I agree. But if you treat like soil then feed should be treated like soil as you point out.

I don't so much think it's a fad as much as you get better growth rates when you treat it like hydro.

But yeah you can do both should prob just do soil if your gonna grow like soil. CEC and water/air holding capacity is quite different and that makes it harder to grow like soil in coco.

ethcan

ethcan

Yeah I agree. But if you treat like soil then feed should be treated like soil as you point out.

I don't so much think it's a fad as much as you get better growth rates when you treat it like hydro.

But yeah you can do both should prob just do soil if your gonna grow like soil. CEC and water/air holding capacity is quite different and that makes it harder to grow like soil in coco.
Yes, I think my pH being extremely off and infrequent feedings with big dry downs is the source of my problems.

I agree, IF feeding like soil, more media is needed.

For me, I think I just need to fix my pH, flush hard, and begin irrigating daily.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thoughts on irrigation strategy from now on? Should I start with 3 daily feedings with runoff, spaced out evenly through the day?
Imo 4 times and see how the runoff is trending after a few days, so important to be testing daily and record. All feeding lights on. Spaced out evenly.

There would be no harm going straight to 5 feedings a day and you may need to after you see how 4 goes.

ethcan

ethcan

Imo 4 times and see how the runoff is trending after a few days, so important to be testing daily and record. All feeding lights on. Spaced out evenly.

There would be no harm going straight to 5 feedings a day and you may need to after you see how 4 goes.
How will I know if I need to? If the EC is spiking even with 20% runoff each feeding?

Latest posts

Top Bottom