Top Drip/feeder for soil?

• Thread starter Greenfile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenfile

Hey,

For my next crop I was considering doing a Soil top feeder system. I'm fond of soil at this point, so I didn't really wanna go hydro. I figured that a Top drip would basically be an easy, very consistent to water my gals. I would be able to mix all nutes up in one large reservoir and then have it pump to every plant when the soil drys out. I was thinking of having the gals in trays on tables and guide the run-off into a second reservoir. Do you guys think that this would be beneficial? Has anyone ever run a system like this? Is this the easiest way to do it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for reading

G

GreenForrest

The problem I see with drip feeding soil is that it does does water all the soil in the pot. Hand watering is always best for soil. If you are doing a larger grow you should really consider looking into a hydroponic setup like ebb and flow buckets, it's not that hard to do and will make life a lot easier.

G

Greenfile

I'll look in to that. I figured something like that might be a better idea. thanx

T

Tynesharpskin

you could go somewhere in the middle and run a hydro system with cocco but fot soil do it by eye or you can risk over or under watering them girls

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
All good points. It is possible, just most timers do not easily do this.

To do it optimally, you need to have a irrigation controller that will handle watering once the pots dry out. This means to be able to choose what days to water and allow control in seconds. If top dripping by minutes the plants will probably be overwatered.

here is the setup I been using with coco but no reason it would not work with soil. As water needs increase or decrease you can adjust the % of volume being fed to the plants.

Top Bottom