top feed drip idea

• Thread starter MedicineFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

here is a top fed drip square i made for a 6" rock wool cube. it is designed to hit all four corners of the block. I'm sure this would work well for a drip over dirt as well and the size could be enlarged to hit a bigger footprint. the dimension that says 1 1/4" should be 1 1/2" in length. notice the holes that are drilled are not directly on the bottom of the elbow, this is offset "up hill" a little bit so roots won't grow back up in em. for the rock wool block application the hole dia. is 3/16".
Photo 1 10
Photo 2 10
Photo 3 6

S

Seed Buyer

What does it cost you to make that and how long does it take you to make it? There are several products like that on the shelves at your local hydro store if you don't have the time to make them.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Seems legit. How you gonna regulate the drip?
It is more of a free flowing drip because of the larger hole openings, I regulate the drip with a cycle timer that I run at 20 seconds on time and one hour off time 24/7. This is for the quick drain PARGRO 6inch blocks. This is when the roots are reaching out of the bottom of the block, different on/off times for dirt etc.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

What does it cost you to make that and how long does it take you to make it? There are several products like that on the shelves at your local hydro store if you don't have the time to make them.
5$ a piece for all the parts. 2 min. To assemble, you don't have to glue em so they can be cleaned. The black hole style only have 1/4" inlets, too small IMO. These are sized to hit all four corners on a six inch block, they can be sized to work for an 8" as well as for dirt applications.

meltedhead

meltedhead

That's really slick, I have been using hydro halo's and they clog I'm going to make several of these, thank's for the great idea.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Hells yes!! remember don't glue em so you can just pop em apart to clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom