Top? Fim? Or Not?

• Thread starter Bullseyebull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bullseyebull

hi all helpful people :)
See one of my plants in the photo..would you top or fim it or leave it for a bit?
It's about 4 weeks young and is about 6 or 7" tall. Its already bushy and short!

Top fim or not
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I would probably top/fim now. But thats me. I know a guy that would never top a plant until its 2' tall. From what I've seen as long as you've got at least 5-6 nodes (you do) the plant should be big/old/strong enough to take it. But Ive heard of people topping at 3-4 nodes

I've never done a topping/fimming side by side, so I can't help there... but one reason you can find so many answers to the same question is environmental factors (hugely) play into what works best for each plant/strain/garden/person.

My advice: give it a shot! If it gets too bushy or whatever, you'll know next time

B

Bullseyebull

Thanks Skinny. Your advice and complement is appreciated muchly.
I think I'll fim them. I read that it doesn't stunt the height growth as much as topping does and its a short strain.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

No problem bro, it's funny that fimming came from someone messing up topping. "Fuck, I Missed!" Hence FIM lol

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I have 2 plants budding right now and one newbie at 2 weeks old. I FIM'ed one and not the other. I wish I did both. The FIM with LST made a thick bush. It's a bud machine. The other is working hard on the main bud. Lot of smaller lower buds. But the FIM is maturing faster than the other plant.

1030161454a
1030161455a
B

Bullseyebull

I'm still experimenting as it's my first grow. But that sounds like a good idea
My plants seem strong and are marked as an "easy" grow when I bought them. The closest one in the photo is my biggest concern, I went a bit mental in it because i was thinking that it's in a smaller pot so I'd prefer to experiment more on that one than my other two (pick on the poor - feed the rich ).

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

I bent trained my FIM at about 3 weeks old and continued until 6 weeks old. (flower time) It opened up the lower section and made the plants stems very strong. I use clf so this allowed the lower stems to bud very strong along with FIM. This is Mary on Oct. 30. I went way overboard on trimming but it seems in the end it worked out.

1002161735a
Top Bottom