Top growth yellowing in early flower - What's happening?

• Thread starter Shneex0338
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shneex0338

Hey guys,

So first of all - This is possibly my own fault. I trusted a cheap pH probe which you just insert into the soil, and the pH read around 6.8, which I thought was fine. I will get a high quality pH reader tomorrow.

Anyways:

* Strain: Autoflower Orion F1
* Light: MarsHydro TS1000 at 100% and 16" height
* Soil: BioBizz Allmix
* Pots: 25L fabric pots (around 6.5 gallons), filled with 20L of soil (5 gallons)
* Nutrients: BioBizz line (Bloom, TopMax, Grow, Fishmix, CalMag)
* Ventilation: Just several fans, I don't need to filter out any smells.
* Temp / Humidity daytime: 24-27°C (75F-80F), 45-55% humidity
* Temp / Humidity nighttime: 18-21°C (64F-69F), 55-65% humidity
* Tent: 3x3x6ft
* Ph: Apparently 6.8
* PPFD: 650-700

I'm on day 32 after their heads popped out. They're not as huge as I wanted them to be, but they both were topped at day 20, and also had some LST done. This apparently didn't cause any big amounts of stress at all, as the new growth of new top nodes is wonderful. One is slightly smaller than the other though. Both plants have the same problems, first sighting of yellowing on the top leaves around 13th of July (It's 17th now). First feeding of flowering nutrients also on 13th of July, including Bloom, TopMax, Grow & half the recommended dose of CalMag (Apparently TopMax would've been enough). Yellowing doesn't get any better. I cannot give you any precise data about ppm or whatever, as I don't own the needed gear for it, and I'm sorry for it. I've already prepared two slurries for each plant, and I'll measure them tomorrow with the good pH meter to get a first opinion.

But still, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. This is my second grow ever, the last one was around 9 years ago. I don't even smoke, I just do this for fun & give it away to good friends afterwards. Electricity costs are still high though, so I don't want them to die for nothing. Can anyone give me a good guess, maybe some tips, maybe someone had the EXACT same problem? Any answer would help!

Oh and I almost forgot - Iron deficiency. Would this be a good guess? I've posted on another website before, and Iron was one of the guesses. I still like to ask a few communities at once though, as it doesn't hurt to ask a few more people. If this is the case, I imagine my pH is probably indeed wrong.

Top growth yellowing in early flower   whats happening
Top growth yellowing in early flower   whats happening 2
Top growth yellowing in early flower   whats happening 3
Top growth yellowing in early flower   whats happening 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom