Top leaves are curling/clawing? Porque?! why!?

• Thread starter S.WestFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Hello guys, ive included some pictures of my lady. the tips on the top of her canopy are curling down badly, and seem to be clawing as well. Can anyone tell me why!?
2 300w Viparspectras sitting 18" above canopy.
Daytime temps are usually between 71-76 and nighttime no lower than 66 up to 69. Degrees F just in case.
She had gone through major nute burn and i was able to flush and bring her back. She has been growing well now after the shock, but the leaves look terrible up top.
Humidity is ranging from 35-50 at times as high as 55.
I believe she was an autoflower, i was given these seeds about a year ago.

Pxgjloygssch8wzrxvovbqjpg
Zdn23qyrsqsyi1frpappwjpg
Top leaves are curlingclawing porque why 3
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello guys, ive included some pictures of my lady. the tips on the top of her canopy are curling down badly, and seem to be clawing as well. Can anyone tell me why!?
2 300w Viparspectras sitting 18" above canopy.
Daytime temps are usually between 71-76 and nighttime no lower than 66 up to 69. Degrees F just in case.
She had gone through major nute burn and i was able to flush and bring her back. She has been growing well now after the shock, but the leaves look terrible up top.
Humidity is ranging from 35-50 at times as high as 55.
I believe she was an autoflower, i was given these seeds about a year ago.
back off your nitrogen a bit,the claw and deep green is a give away,she flowering and need more on the P and K side ,but dont just do away with N either,id say arounf 5-15-10 is what your looking for,hope it helps,the jagged edges are usally a sign of heat,but that deep green says aint real happy right now,to me

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Too much Nitrogen can cause clawing. How much have you been feeding them, and what kind of medium are you growing in?
ive tapered off a lot on the feeding. I definitely overfed early on but have done two thorough flushes since. I'm growing DWC started in rockwool transfered into netpot with hydroton. I just changed my res on saturday, am due for another change this coming saturday. Shall i change early and drop the amount of Nitrogen being fed? I'm using the foxfarm trio and just recently started using their recommended feeding schedule at about 1/4%. before that i doing full strength.

S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

back off your nitrogen a bit,the claw and deep green is a give away,she flowering and need more on the P and K side ,but dont just do away with N either,id say arounf 5-15-10 is what your looking for,hope it helps,the jagged edges are usally a sign of heat,but that deep green says aint real happy right now,to me
right on i'll try addressing this on my next res change. I'll keep an eye on the deep green from now in for future grows, thank you

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ive tapered off a lot on the feeding. I definitely overfed early on but have done two thorough flushes since. I'm growing DWC started in rockwool transfered into netpot with hydroton. I just changed my res on saturday, am due for another change this coming saturday. Shall i change early and drop the amount of Nitrogen being fed? I'm using the foxfarm trio and just recently started using their recommended feeding schedule at about 1/4%. before that i doing full strength.
are you going by there soiless feed chart? ive used the trio in soil and i never made it to there recomended feed,plants didnt need it,some times we want to force feed them for bulk or snow on the leaves,that can be done also,but i dont give a happy plant extra vitamins unless it shows me it needs it,if you can maintain your ppm and ph and enviorment,have all that tweeked in you can do just as good with out hitting with the steroids per say,just maintain the ppm and ph res time and let it adjust,thats the good thing about soiless over soil,in a day you will know if all good,in soil takes 3 days if you dig,most dont but i do believe in that hannah chart and throw the manufacture recomends out the window

Top Bottom