Top Leaves Thin, Curling, Browning.

• Thread starter mellowd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mellowd

mellowd

This is my first grow. I have 3 plants of the same strain (don't remember which strain), all in 5 gal smart pots with hot soil mixed with perlite, vermiculite, and a few clay pellets. One 600w LED and one 300w LED. My temp is around 80-82 degrees with humidity that usually sits at about 50-60%. I have 2 fans blowing air around the closet, which I leave open to the room its in. They are 11 days into flower. I just watered them two days ago with a full blast of nutrients based on foxfarms nutrient regiment, using veg, bloom, and supplemental nutrients as recommended by the schedule, with some cal mag (I don't use cal mag all the time and I half the dosage since I'm using tap water) added. I water them with mostly unfiltered tap water I let sit for 24 hours before mixing with my nutrients. I transplanted them almost a month ago into the new soil.

One of my plants, the middle one, has developed curling leaves that are more severe at the top of the plant. They have also developed some browning on some of the leaves. I believe this is nitrogen toxicity, but I can't find an article to 100% confirm this. I also am not sure if I should flush them now since the soil is still very wet or wait until it dries out. Any opinions are appreciated along with any other constructive suggestions. Some of the pictures just show the unhealthy foliage, one shows a side by side of healthy and un healthy, and one if on the complete canopy. Sorry about the lighting that's all I have in that room.

Top leaves thin curling browning
Top leaves thin curling browning 2
Top leaves thin curling browning 3
Top leaves thin curling browning 4
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Possibly nitrogen toxicity, and or overwatering. Also your temps are way too high for not running co2.

mellowd

mellowd

I have 2 co2 bags, but I've never found any hard evidence that they work, I also don't have any ventilation or cooling either right now, which I would love to have but I just don't have the ability to do that right now, so I just leave the door open or else the temps get up to like 86-88 degrees. Also they were actually underwatered when I watered them last, The soil was extremely dry and the plants were starting to wilt. Should have watered them sooner. I water them about every 3-4 days.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have 2 co2 bags, but I've never found any hard evidence that they work, I also don't have any ventilation or cooling either right now, which I would love to have but I just don't have the ability to do that right now, so I just leave the door open or else the temps get up to like 86-88 degrees. Also they were actually underwatered when I watered them last, The soil was extremely dry and the plants were starting to wilt. Should have watered them sooner. I water them about every 3-4 days.
I am moving your thread to the correct forum. Cannabis infirmary. You can locate your post there. Peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You dont need to use vegetative nutes after flipping to flower. Flowering cannabis doesn't like excess N.

Stop feeding N

Another suggestion, when using synthetic nutes such as salt based FF until you get to know what your doing only use about half of what the mfgr tells you to use. Some strains dont like a lot of nutes. This will only come as you learn more about each individual strain. However most new growers dont grow one strain enough to get to know its needs and pop the new flavor of the month every run and never learn anything about individual strains. Try not to make this mistake. It will save you lots of grief. :D

mellowd

mellowd

You dont need to use vegetative nutes after flipping to flower. Flowering cannabis doesn't like excess N.

Stop feeding N

Another suggestion, when using synthetic nutes such as salt based FF until you get to know what your doing only use about half of what the mfgr tells you to use. Some strains dont like a lot of nutes. This will only come as you learn more about each individual strain. However most new growers dont grow one strain enough to get to know its needs and pop the new flavor of the month every run and never learn anything about individual strains. Try not to make this mistake. It will save you lots of grief. :D

This is great info thanks!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like classic N toxicity to be honest. Reason being as I said before once into flower hold off on any N. As you said you transplanted with new soil. Prolly loaded with N and then a few days ago you fed veg nutes which is high in N as well. Leaf curl like that and based on your factors looks like they are stuffed full of N in flower.

Another note is try to limit your calmag use once in flower as some brands have some N in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom