Top off res ??

• Thread starter GeneticFreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneticFreak

How many Farmers here put nutes in their TO and how many run straight RO? Or has anyone done both and have an opinion on which way is better?

H

hogan400

As you know Im new to "uc" but I did both this grow. Started with nutes in top off and it worked best for me. When I did a nute swap I started problems that havent gone away. Ph still drops so I use my t.o to add back fresh, high ph balanced water only. I now feed via 5 gallon add backs, its more work, less accurate.. Cch2o recommends top off feeding. When I was feeding in t.o I could control my ppms and ph very accurately.

G

GeneticFreak

As you know Im new to "uc" but I did both this grow. Started with nutes in top off and it worked best for me. When I did a nute swap I started problems that havent gone away. Ph still drops so I use my t.o to add back fresh, high ph balanced water only. I now feed via 5 gallon add backs, its more work, less accurate.. Cch2o recommends top off feeding. When I was feeding in t.o I could control my ppms and ph very accurately.

Hey Hogan! I did the same thing as you. Started with nutes in to then went to water. I'm switching back to nutes because my ppms drop and then all they have is h2o and add backs when I can. I saw a very steady system running nutes in TO. But is it more effective? That was what I was looking for. We will have to see!
Side note hogan. I actually got my plants to turn around by adding more calmg. They looked burned and defecient for a long time. Turns out I was underfeeding them calmg. Kicked it up to 5ml per and everything turned GREEN! Oh yeah and I still think you should try h2o2 for some sterizing.
Peace GF

C

crossouttheiis

top off with ro... you can tell how much water and nutes they eat and add back with a five gallon bucket.

G

GeneticFreak

top off with ro... you can tell how much water and nutes they eat and add back with a five gallon bucket.

Can you tell me why that's important crossout? If I'm feeding it back anyways with nutes in to. Why is ro a better method? Plus I'm aware of how much they feed because I have ran ro and watched ppm drop. Am I force feeding?
Also they're drinking the same amount of water.

H

hogan400

I feel add backs and ph adjustments are the evils in rdwc. With the high performance, and not having any buffer zone, one fuck up on a add back into the epicenter can cause root burn. Stability is the key. IMHO

My adds go into the tail of the system. Long before the epicenter, getting mixed in, then pumped thru my chiller and then into my epi.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use just RO as it works great with the DM I use. It also allows me to just do Add Backs when things dip or go up. Things are so stable it just works out. I do my add backs on the weekends most of the time as thats when things start to move after 5 to 6 days most of the time.

Top Bottom