Topped plant heigth for veg

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

Okay guys it's been about 8 weeks since I started from seed. Cpl issues here and there with getting humidity and temp right but been good for a few weeks now. I topped most my plants about 2 weeks ago. Plants seen very healthy see pic. The heigth however is only 10-14". They seem healthy enough to send to flower but don't wanna do it to early. I didn't know if heigth was just do to topping or if I should go ahead and send to flower

Topped plant heigth for veg
Topped plant heigth for veg 2
Topped plant heigth for veg 3
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Not a pro here just trying to help. If you just topped, for me I would wait a week or 2 before flipping. Just to give them a chance to branch more, just remember the stretch will double their size. You can bend down the tall branches to control height. Looks good.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I'm not a hydro guy but from what I know growing in soil, the amount of stretch is mostly strain dependent. I've had some plants barely stretch at all and had some (sativa dominant) plants stretch 5x veg-height. I am limited to a 7 foot ceiling and with the container height, light thickness, and nesessary distance from plants taken into account, I usually flip in the 12-14" range if the stretch-factor is an unknown. hope that helps lol. My last grow was all sativa-dominant and I had some 3-footers to 5-foot that tried growing up past the light, all flipped at 12-14"

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It gonna depend on a lot things. Room height, lighting used, current plant height, training being used if any, etc

hydro8139

hydro8139

They were topped about a week n half ago in using 1000 hps lights and room is 8ft heigth

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were topped about a week n half ago in using 1000 hps lights and room is 8ft heigth
I'm gonna say you want at least 1.5 foot distance from tops of plants. So that puts you about 6.5 and then the plants can easily double so I would go more than 3 feet before flipping... 2.5 would probably be a safe bet until you know the strain.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ad in about what 10" for ceiling to bottom of light I forgot say about 10"? Forgot about that in the middle of 15 things sorry.

So say 24 inches to be safe... Idk the height you can get the lights up... But yeah count on just over double the size from flip to harvest and they will gain width also

Top Bottom