Topping and low stress training?

• Thread starter Nevels56
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nevels56

Nevels56

Can I do both at the same time m? I got some plants that were a little to tall for my tent and I am just curious Id I can top them to my desired height and then start doing my low stress training and then top as needed from there

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

If they are auto-flowers, then neither is generally advised. If they are regular photo-period you can groom the vegetative growth as long as you like before you switch to flower. You should not do things to traumatize the plant AFTER it is switched into flower mode. If you are already flowering, stick with very gentle, small changes.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I wouldn't do anything to autos like mentioned above except for tucking leaves & LST, I would also not advise to do LST & TOPPING at the same time with photos, although it can be done, you want your plant to go through as little stress as possible and allowing it at least 4-5 days to recover usually does the trick. I generally prefer to do the high stress techniques in intervals so the plant doesn't deal with too much stress at once and Super Crop & Topping during the later stages of veg with defoliation 4 days before switch, In some cases not always (Usually the strongest plants) I will continue to defoliate and super crop up to the first 2 weeks of flower, That allows the plant to focus more of its energy on producing denser colas on top and ignoring all the unwanted airy pop corn buds at the bottom

Madmax

Madmax

Can I do both at the same time m? I got some plants that were a little to tall for my tent and I am just curious Id I can top them to my desired height and then start doing my low stress training and then top as needed from there
Sure..thats what i do outside..top then bend.peg then train the laterals ...

W

WendyPayne

Really, lst looks like a good option in this case. Because for lst you also need fairly long stems, but they will help to bend these stems, making them pretty much lower, while not damaging them and continuing their growth. Or if this isn't an option for you, you can also use the services of Prendo https://www.prendo.com/, which will analyze the future growth of all your plants. With the help of computer technology, they will simulate an identical situation, they will take plants that you have, and put them in the conditions in which they are placed in your situation, and thus you will know in advance what results you get in the future. And by the way, this approach can be applied not only to your problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom