Topping First Grow

• Thread starter King Ally
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Ally

King Ally

this is my first grow it's an original amnesia strain about 3 weeks old now & would like advice on where to top as i think it's ready to be done & would like to get it done today I ain't fussed on it as I'm using this first grow as more of a learning curve

Topping first grow
Topping first grow 2
Topping first grow 3
iKharon

iKharon

this is my first grow it's an original amnesia strain about 3 weeks old now & would like advice on where to top as i think it's ready to be done & would like to get it done today I ain't fussed on it as I'm using this first grow as more of a learning curve
Wait for 6 or 7 nodes, then top at 3rd

Megalith1

Megalith1

Your girl looks lovely....i topped mine already at start of 5th node I think
20170419 071332
that's two days later tho yours will probably grow slot faster as I'm in soil

Megalith1

Megalith1

The reason you wait for 6 or 7 is for hormonal maturity.
Ahh see I didn't know that ...my first grow lol ....already delt with nitrogen deficiency and now I got a small case of the thrips and I'm 3 weeks from seed

iKharon

iKharon

To be honest g I don't even know how many I got or what a node actually is that's how much I know about growing lol
Lol.. so first tiny round leaves that sprout are cotyledons.. then you have a pair of 'razor' leaves.. then you have first node with 3 finger leaves. From there, count up to each new branching/T/node... if you count 6 or 7, top at 3rd. Google some stuff bro.. this is beyond basic. Pick up a couple books: Ed Rosenthal's "Bible" and Clark's Marijuana Botany. These will help you have a better idea

King Ally

King Ally

IMG 2465
IMG 2466
Count em.. you're close. Looks like 5 or 6, hard to tell
Okaay
Lol.. so first tiny round leaves that sprout are cotyledons.. then you have a pair of 'razor' leaves.. then you have first node with 3 finger leaves. From there, count up to each new branching/T/node... if you count 6 or 7, top at 3rd. Google some stuff bro.. this is beyond basic. Pick up a couple books: Ed Rosenthal's "Bible" and Clark's Marijuana Botany. These will help you have a better idea
thanks for that man I believe I got 5 atm I would of had 6 but I had already cut it off as it looked like it was dying Should I count that as on Or... & for the books thanks but I enjoy learning from mistakes more of a trial run & im getting a lot further then if ever imagined The pics are before & after I had cut some off

IMG 2470
IMG 2477
IMG 2481
iKharon

iKharon

If you already topped.. you don't do it again unless you want a huge bush with a bunch of mains I usually have 4-6 mains total per plant

iKharon

iKharon

Oh I see.. you cut the 6th.. I'd top at 3rd still.. this is what dictates number of mains

King Ally

King Ally

Oh I see.. you cut the 6th.. I'd top at 3rd still.. this is what dictates number of mains
Yeaah thats right man, if I cut at the third today would that not be like half the stem or is it from counting from top to bottom ? As my 7th is coming through & would like to get to it before it fully developed

Latest posts

Top Bottom