Topping for Chem Reaper & Chem Master?

• Thread starter leao
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leao

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to whether or not the new Chem Reaper (Chemdog D x Bubba Kush) and Chem Master (Chemdog D x SoCal Master Kush) will take well to topping to hopefully increase yields a bit. I'm guessing Swerve may be the best person to answer this, but any other farmers are welcome to chime in.

Thanks in advance for any help offered :joint:

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
How long are u planing to veg them? or under what conditions? let us know a bit more about ur grow bro

I topped some bubba cross that had 2 months veg and i will try untopped to see the diference. Sometimes suppercropping is needed along with topping or FIM to increase yield....

L

leao

Thanks for the quick responses guys. This is my third grow ever, and after getting my set-up dialed in with the first two, I wanted to start experimenting with all the grow techniques I've read about (i.e. topping, LSTing, supercropping, etc.) and I figured the topping might be the easiest, and relatively most fool-proof to get a bit more yield.

To Coolest - As a general rundown of my humble little grow, here goes....

- Strains - Chem Reaper & Chem Master (1st time running Cali Connection, so yes, I'm totally stoked!!! Thanks Swerve!)

- Medium - 50/50 FF Ocean Forest/ Light Warrior in 3 gal. containers

- Lighting - 400w MH for Veg.; 400w HPS for flower - used in an Adjust-A-Wing

- Food for the Kids - Humboldt Nutrients' Organic Grow & Bloom, with Myco Madness as a supplement to show the roots some more love

I guess that's it for now, and since I'm running 2 of each (Reaper & Master), maybe I should just top one of each and compare?

Thanks again farmer's :smiley_joint:

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
personaly i FIM i don't top, i use a lot of LST and supercropping too and i veg for at least 2 months. So that way i try to prevent from poor yield. I pretty sure if u combine some of those techniques u will have greater result.

L

leao

Hey leao. Maybe not related but how many phenos did you get on your chem master? I picked one up and out 6 beans 5 babies. 4 of them have a longer, pointy leaves. And one has fatter rounded leaves. Anything similiar on your part? Stay green!

I just checked 'em, and they both appear to lean towards having a shorter stature, with wide leaves. Both were planted at the same time, but one is clearly ahead of the other in growth rate, but not by too much...

personaly i FIM i don't top, i use a lot of LST and supercropping too and i veg for at least 2 months. So that way i try to prevent from poor yield. I pretty sure if u combine some of those techniques u will have greater result.

I plan on a month of veg, and I'm open minded to using the FIM tech., but despite what I've read am still unsure on how much to trim, so any suggestions would be much appreciated :smiley_joint:

Top everything bro!! Then tie is down!

Thanks for the input man, and I'm sure I'll probably end up topping 'em all anyway. It'll be fun no matter what!

D

DazedNconfussed

Hey Leao, How Old are your Chem Reaper? I have 3 about a month old. Can you post any pics, I havnt seen any other chem reapers to compare mine to. I plan to fim and LST also.

L

leao

Hey Leao, How Old are your Chem Reaper? I have 3 about a month old. Can you post any pics, I havnt seen any other chem reapers to compare mine to. I plan to fim and LST also.

I'd say these are a little over two weeks old if you count from when they first popped above the surface. I went ahead and put up some pics of the Chem Master as well.
So, the order is...
1) Chem Reaper #1
2. Chem Reaper #2
3} Chem Master #1
4] Chem Master #2

DSC 0403
DSC 0402
DSC 0400
DSC 0401
D

DazedNconfussed

damm, nice, yours look flawless....mine became rootlocked very quickly and perhaps very nute sensative. Just put them under the 1000w HPS, so they should start growin now. I have a grow log I just posted if you want to see them. Thanks for posting the pics.

L

leao

Just wanted to post a quick update to the results of my first time topping, and I think we can confirm it as a success so far. I ended up playing it safe, and topped one Chem Reaper and one Chem Master (I chose the stronger looking plant from each). They both responded well, with new tops clearly growing out within 72 hours of the snip. However, I think I must have accidentally (ironically enough :giggle:) FIMmed, rather than topped, the Chem Master and it looks like I'll get 3 new tops instead of 2!

On a side note folks, I have to say that these babies have some freakin' vigor during veggin' so far. They went from the last pics to the size below (appox. 2.5 inches to 9 in. tall) in a week. Maybe that's not that great for others more skilled than me, but I was impressed, so thanks go to you Mr. Swerve! :smiley_joint:

Anyways, the pics are...
1: Chem Reaper (topped close-up)
2| Chem Master (topped close-up)
3> Chem Reaper (untopped for comparison)
4] Group shot for fun

damm, nice, yours look flawless....mine became rootlocked very quickly and perhaps very nute sensative. Just put them under the 1000w HPS, so they should start growin now. I have a grow log I just posted if you want to see them. Thanks for posting the pics.

Thanks for the kind words dazed, I just checked out your thread, and I'm sure they'll turn around soon enough, especially with talent around here helping out and Swerve watching over...Oh, and no prob on the pics, and I put some more below to check out.

Those look real good Leao!! They got a few wks or so but yeah top those girls and tie them down like True Grit said! You'll have the sweetest bushes in town my friend..

Thank you sir! I'm hoping they'll turn out to be the best buds around, it's only a shame I can't share them with all of you here.....yet :evilgrin:

Hope you all like the pics,
peace

DSC 0390
DSC 0392
DSC 0386
DSC 0403
K

kushtech

are feminized seeds all the same pheno ? i never grew feminized so i don't know what to expect on my cvk and chem master fem's ..

L

leao

are feminized seeds all the same pheno ? i never grew feminized so i don't know what to expect on my cvk and chem master fem's ..

I've grown feminised seeds before and gotten different phenos from the same strain. As far as what I've seen with these, the Reaper has shown 2 diff. phenos, and both of the Masters seem to lean towards the same (one) pheno. Unfortunately though, as I haven't grown Chemdog D, Bubba, or SoCal Master in the past I couldn't intelligently say which way any of these lean. Perhaps someone experienced with them could weigh in?

j wizzle

j wizzle

i have grown out DNAs chem a couple times and i would say the #2 in post 11 is chem leaning, but its hard to say this short into the grow. good job so far though. you should supercrop, LST & top/FIM until you put it into flower. its not going to hurt your plants at all. just squeeze the braches before you bend them over so they dont snap in half on you

D

DazedNconfussed

HEY leao...How the chem reapers doing? Do you have any updated pics?

L

leao

HEY leao...How the chem reapers doing? Do you have any updated pics?

I sure do my friend :smiley_joint:

I think they're doing well so far, with the only thing being that they need extra cal-mag (the Chem Masters did as well).

All pics below are various shots of the Chem Reaper now flowering, and let me know if you care to see the Chem Master for comparison.

peace,

DSC 0434
DSC 0436
DSC 0437
DSC 0439
southstreets

southstreets

nice work bro!! the Chemdog D's i got from cali connect have 2 dif phenos.. and i've only popped 2 seeds so far... and both the funks im growin look like their def cheese leaning pheno's!!! beautiful gurls by the way bro!!!

D

DazedNconfussed

Thanks Leao....I think me and you are the only guys on the net with ChemReaper grow logs....would love to see the chem masters also....

The reapers look great as expected.....Looks like she is going to yeild well. Love those hairy nugs.

How long have they been in flower if you dont mind me asking?

Also, how much stretch have you seen so far since flower.

Mine are still in veg, cut about 12 clones off so far, but ready to flower any day now, just want to see my clones pop roots first. They have also been hungry as hell....I am up to 1300ppm and they only seem to want more.

Ill update my thread as soon as I find my damm camera, lost it while medicated...no tellin where I left it.

Thanks again Leao...........

supercharged

supercharged

very nice leo, how far into flower r those chem reapers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom