Topping in flowering stage? (wappa)

• Thread starter kumar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kumar

kumar

Hi There!
I used to top my plants in the vegetative stage. I went to a seed shop and had a chat with the seller there who said he used to top his plants in the 2nd week of flowering stage, when he start seeing the first signs of flowering. I have the wappa seedlings now, and I'm curious what do you guys think about this? When is the right moment you top the plants? My goal is the biggest yield as possible. Thanks!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I cannot see any value in chopping the colas off. Sounds pretty dumb to me but just maybe taking the tops off makes all the side stalk bud grow better. I have never tried it.

If anything. Early flower, right after stretch. Pinch every flower off 3/4 of the way up each stalk from the bottom.
That's all little popcorn and you want the plant to grow nice top colas, maybe a bud or 2 bellow the cola tops so the buds grow large. Once a week sit down and clean those stalks so the flowers don't come back.

Right after stretch get her on a good very high phosphorus flowering mix. Grotek Monster Bloom 0-50-30 is great stuff mix as directed with your regular nutrients. Or Alaska More Bloom 0-10-10 works well.

Monster Bloom
Alaska

Last edited:
mjvdet13

mjvdet13

Hi There!
I used to top my plants in the vegetative stage. I went to a seed shop and had a chat with the seller there who said he used to top his plants in the 2nd week of flowering stage, when he start seeing the first signs of flowering. I have the wappa seedlings now, and I'm curious what do you guys think about this? When is the right moment you top the plants? My goal is the biggest yield as possible. Thanks!
Don't top past the day you flip imo. You run the risk of stunting growth and a few other smaller things. If you need your canopy filled better then add another plant or top during veg and let them grow longer

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi There!
This is horrible advice, you literally would be cutting off your Colas. Only top in veg and give your plant time to recover before flipping

A

alpha.ganjaguy

you can supercrop if you need but that advice to top them is terrible

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
yeah tbh I can’t think of a worse thing to do it will only stunt them and ruin your harvest and you’d of wasted your time.
Glad you questioned it 👍

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

I cannot see any value in chopping the colas off. Sounds pretty dumb to me but just maybe taking the tops off makes all the side stalk bud grow better. I have never tried it.

If anything. Early flower, right after stretch. Pinch every flower off 3/4 of the way up each stalk from the bottom.
That's all little popcorn and you want the plant to grow nice top colas, maybe a bud or 2 bellow the cola tops so the buds grow large. Once a week sit down and clean those stalks so the flowers don't come back.

Right after stretch get her on a good very high phosphorus flowering mix. Grotek Monster Bloom 0-50-30 is great stuff mix as directed with your regular nutrients. Or Alaska More Bloom 0-10-10 works well.

View attachment 2053610View attachment 2053627
So after stretch is the goal to give as little N as possible?

Top Bottom