Topping info needed

• Thread starter PapaDave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Novice here, wondering if I can top this plant again. Not sure if I did it right the first time, but check it out and comments will help!
Hi man. Looks like it's outdoors. Is the a goal you are looking for when topping?

PapaDave

PapaDave

Hey Aqua Man,
Yes this is outdoors. I'm trying to keep the height of the plant below my fence height to keep prying eyes of neighbors.

mancorn

mancorn

Yeah no problem you can keep topping. That said even with a top you'll have trouble keeping in below your fence, so along with the topping you should start pulling/staking the main stem down towards the ground. Do this slowly over time and you only where the stem is flexible so you don't break it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah no problem you can keep topping. That said even with a top you'll have trouble keeping in below your fence, so along with the topping you should start pulling/staking the main stem down towards the ground. Do this slowly over time and you only where the stem is flexible so you don't break it.
+1

PapaDave

PapaDave

Thank You, the stems are pretty stiff, but I will try your suggestion.
Looking to do a LST on my new grows, all horizontal after 3-5 nodes

PapaDave

PapaDave

I may have to cut away a "tomato" plant support that I was urged to use, but I really dont see any benefit at this point.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Agreed. Top and bend the piss out of it

Madmax

Madmax

Looks great dont touch her..nxt grow top way earlier and bend plant over and use steel fencing wire for pegs.i can peg my plants for 3 months and only b a ft tall but a couple metres wide.i top at 3rd node so 6 main branches with heaps of branches running off those..start like this
20181115 120156

To this
Screenshot 20200625 223136

And ends up like this 1.5 high
20190320 122836
20190311 183239

Jungle666

Jungle666

PapaDave

PapaDave

Good job, what did it produce
Looks great dont touch her..nxt grow top way earlier and bend plant over and use steel fencing wire for pegs.i can peg my plants for 3 months and only b a ft tall but a couple metres wide.i top at 3rd node so 6 main branches with heaps of branches running off those..start like thisView attachment 1019527
To thisView attachment 1019528
And ends up like this 1.5 highView attachment 1019529View attachment 1019530
I see in one of your pics, you have many lines coming off the plant to separate/train?

Madmax

Madmax

@Jungle666 2 p 3 oz peeps couldnt get enough of it lol..sold like hot cakes.. @PapaDave Yeah i still bent quite a few over.the net held them firm from wind and rain.had to tie string about the middle of the branch on other side to hold firm so when i tied another about 7 inches from the top then bent that to where i wanted it..and around outside to open it up..it was more about placement giving ea branch room.i grow like this to get more bud per area and stealth.ive tried with topping at 4th node and it was too bushy no room for placement..bit like scrog really but i let it come up after about 3mths or about the 14 jan in my lattitude..you should see all the pegs i have all different lengths 😄

Top Bottom