topping or fimming

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Hey guys nice inputis IMO i prefer to just super crop because unlike topping where u lose 1 cola to gain 2 when super-cropping you snap one cola to temporary halt its growth and get two more colas together making 3 same affect ass topping and fimming i think but tell me if im wrong
not really sure - i have yet to really explore super cropping thou i believe i notice the extra growth on outwest 's last set of pictures and it appeared to do what you are discribing - i will look into this today if anyone has a forum thread were this is discribed in detail please post or i can always read about it in one of the 100 of books i have......peace soser

Chobble

Chobble

I just top as I feel the plant can handle it. What you want to make sure you have before topping is a solid root system. As long as the plant can continue growing and has plenty of water/nutrients/light hopefully it wont shock it to much.

My strawberry cough I can top like no other. My Master kush slows down a lot so I almost dont want to top it.

Chobble

ttystikk

ttystikk

All great advice here, especially that about knowing your strain and what it responds best to.

I think it's most helpful to focus on the desired end result, like chess- 'begin with the end in mind.' You want a plant that has lots of well lit, well spaced, well supplied budding sites on it. Give such a plant great light, good humidity, good nutrients and in return you get... really stoned, lol

Chobble

Chobble

All great advice here, especially that about knowing your strain and what it responds best to.

I think it's most helpful to focus on the desired end result, like chess- 'begin with the end in mind.' You want a plant that has lots of well lit, well spaced, well supplied budding sites on it. Give such a plant great light, good humidity, good nutrients and in return you get... really stoned, lol

Thats what I'm talking about :D Grow with those ideals and you learn learn learn (Otherwise its going to take a while to get it all).

Chobble

soserthc1

soserthc1

Nothing wrong with a big fat single cola once and awhile but like you stated , you need to know your strain - but the big single cola plants IMHO are more likely to bud rot, dry to long etc........peace soser

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

And just like Chess there are almost infinite ways to that end result. With some plants it's genetics. My Mob Boss is big, branchy, and robust. It will get light and air quite naturally. The Bubba on the other hand is piling up quite densely. I can tell I'm going to have to thin things out once stretching stops. These are the joys of farming.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey guys nice inputis IMO i prefer to just super crop because unlike topping where u lose 1 cola to gain 2 when super-cropping you snap one cola to temporary halt its growth and get two more colas together making 3 same affect ass topping and fimming i think but tell me if im wrong

That sounds correct. I don't super crop, but I think the idea is that you are slowing down the growth of the main top so the others can catch up. I've heard of people doing this with a paper clip too.

outwest

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
man i top as soon as i can for real maybe not the first node but deff the second and then every one i can as soon as i can untill i have 30 to 40 topps i try to do this as evenly as i can while super cropper each main branch so they have an anchor point to suppot the monster buds

soserthc1

soserthc1

That sounds correct. I don't super crop, but I think the idea is that you are slowing down the growth of the main top so the others can catch up. I've heard of people doing this with a paper clip too.

outwest
can you find the correct thread to teach me how to super crop or a link as i tend to fimm and have yet to explore supercropping are we taking off the main growth so the rest can catch up or are we lst ing it and bending it down. to some this is a stupid question but then again there are no stupid questions when trying to learn - now on the other hand my 15 year old does ask alot of stupid questions lol.......peace soser

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
can you find the correct thread to teach me how to super crop or a link as i tend to fimm and have yet to explore supercropping are we taking off the main growth so the rest can catch up or are we lst ing it and bending it down. to some this is a stupid question but then again there are no stupid questions when trying to learn - now on the other hand my 15 year old does ask alot of stupid questions lol.......peace soser

bro all the info i have is in my thread prodigy's big bushes every branch or node produces new growth by removing this new growth you cause 2 new branches to form and then you do the same to each branch producing 2 new branches from each branch when super cropping i take the branch i wanna crop and twist it until its snaps i do this with the main stalk and every main branch on the uper main branches i twist until it snaps and the carefully bend it over to expose the middle of the plant i usually do this to the out side branches to make the inner branches to grow up even with the canopy so it is even as possible. as far as lsting in my thread you will see i use the heavy metal s hooks i just hook that to the main branch of a clone or main branches on clone that has ben topped when they start to grow back up ill add metal washers to get the exact shape or to bend them further down. when i look at my plants im training i top them to get those main branches that I want then i look at the plant and everything that looks like it will be a main top i train or top to get more of everything else is cleared away to get the plant to produce only main tops and none of the little under growth or weak side branches my bad bro my gal just found 2 blunts i gave her to smoke on the way to work like 5 or 6 months ago and she just found them last night its the very last of the lucky charms and larry og i grew man i forgot how dank it is i fuckin stupid stoned i grew some dank lol i seriously cant barely keep my head up lol I'm about to go destroy the fridge lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

This may help.

outwest

bro all the info i have is in my thread prodigy's big bushes every branch or node produces new growth by removing this new growth you cause 2 new branches to form and then you do the same to each branch producing 2 new branches from each branch when super cropping i take the branch i wanna crop and twist it until its snaps i do this with the main stalk and every main branch on the uper main branches i twist until it snaps and the carefully bend it over to expose the middle of the plant i usually do this to the out side branches to make the inner branches to grow up even with the canopy so it is even as possible. as far as lsting in my thread you will see i use the heavy metal s hooks i just hook that to the main branch of a clone or main branches on clone that has ben topped when they start to grow back up ill add metal washers to get the exact shape or to bend them further down. when i look at my plants im training i top them to get those main branches that I want then i look at the plant and everything that looks like it will be a main top i train or top to get more of everything else is cleared away to get the plant to produce only main tops and none of the little under growth or weak side branches my bad bro my gal just found 2 blunts i gave her to smoke on the way to work like 5 or 6 months ago and she just found them last night its the very last of the lucky charms and larry og i grew man i forgot how dank it is i fuckin stupid stoned i grew some dank lol i seriously cant barely keep my head up lol I'm about to go destroy the fridge lol
thank you Outwest & prodigy much respect and appreciated ........best to you and yours......peace soser

soserthc1

soserthc1

ok now that i actually am clear headed enough to read I have always did the first part but refer to that as fimming and i bend the branches on my plants in veg when they are getting to big - I pinch them and bend them down after twisting back and forth - I have thought that this was lst and after watching Goo's thread last week I took a plant and spread out the branches to the bottom of the container and spread them out but i used bobby pins - i thought this was super cropping - so basically i have the gist of it just the wrong terminoligy .....too funny prodg - stay away from that fridge - I spent about 15 years at 210-225 lbs at 5-8 - now all of a sudden with the age of 5 hour energy and me kinda only getting really toasted at night (back then i did not no sativa from indica just mexican seedy weed) so for the last 3 years since i have been growing and opiate free i am at 170 lbs and staying this way..... Outwest - I gotta watch that video later lights just went out and kid in whining to go here and there - ill check it and prodg thread tonight to make sure i got that right - a little high myself right now ....lol

Chobble

Chobble

Nothing wrong with a big fat single cola once and awhile but like you stated , you need to know your strain - but the big single cola plants IMHO are more likely to bud rot, dry to long etc........peace soser

I get some mean buds topping and LST. Its all about proper feeding and light :D

Chobble

soserthc1

soserthc1

I get some mean buds topping and LST. Its all about proper feeding and light :D

Chobble
i here that - but I also got a 161 gram cola out of a tangerine dream plant .... to bad the strain sucks ,,,IMHO.....But i have also got more from multiple cola's - and i generally um fimm - lst most of my plants

Fimm madness
soserthc1

soserthc1

excellent video - outwest and yes i had it backwards .....all good now much respect...............peace soser.............

Top Bottom