Topping - Where to cut exactly?

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

These girls are clones, I don't know if that makes a difference. I've marked a red line where I am guessing is the right spot, but the asymmetry is messing with my confidence.

Contestant #1:
Topping   where to cut exactly

Contestant #2 I feel totally confused about:
Topping   where to cut exactly 2

Help. (please)

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I would too them down further where there was two nodes right across from each other.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

There aren't any places where the nodes grow directly across from each other though. This is what has me confused.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

First time grower here andyboi. First line should be a successful topping. But I dont thing you should cut the sun leaf. You should be able to break the new growth off by bending it back and forth a couple times, eventually snapping it off.

also depends what you are trying to do. I assume you just want to split the main stem into two.

once again new grower. My input comes from little experience.

youtube has many great videos

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It is OK if one of the nodes is a few inches higher than the other. Some strains are just like that usually when I see that I try to push the high end down and train it so the lower one can shoot up and even out. Its never perfect but as long as you are close its fine.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I just top where there are two nodes close to each other and then pinch the main stem until it bends over to super crop.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cut just above the node. Each node will have a fan leaf and an offshoot. Cut just above them so you leave them intact to the stem.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Well, here's the results:

This is #2 from my first post, and the one I'm less certain about.

This one feels like it might be right:

Now I will pretend to not obsess over if I have maimed them or not.
I'm not very good at pretending.
Wish me luck. 😎 😆

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Is this topping to get 2x or topping for height?
Though if u cut above the node it just helps maintain height

LenardCroyle

LenardCroyle

First time cultivator here andyboi. First line ought to be an effective garnish. Be that as it may, I dont thing you should cut the sun leaf. You ought to have the option to sever the new development by bowing it to and fro a few times, at last snapping it off.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I should have shared an update. Things have gone very well, with the exception of one accidental amputation during LST.

The plant on the left has been topped to 4x vertical stalks, and will get topped once more next week. (this one had the accident)
The plant on the right has been topped to 8x verticals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom