topping

• Thread starter florida flowers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

florida flowers

A few of my fellow growers were telling me that i should top my sprouts every third set of leaves during veg. Do any of you think thats too many toppings or no?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That depends on what you're looking to accomplish FF. If you want a big bush, multiple topping in veg is the way to go.

B

boxmunch9

Yea man that sounds like alot of stress. I personally do not like topping. I think its waaaay to much stress just to get your plant to bush. Training your plant will give you the same effect with less veg time, less stress to the plant. I am however a big fan of FIM, I notice no ill effect on the plant except many many kolas if done right.

J

jdubz206

i always top or fim my seedlings a few times...then lst and supercrop maybe top again...lots of training going on here :D

W

wannabnurse2

help me out, I'm horrible at this computor stuff and new to this game. What is topping?

T

the king

The FIM technique is the only way to go. this consists of leaving the last remaining 10-20 percent of the top still in tact this tricks the plant to think it wasnt actually topped and it also thinks it was topped so it pretty much in return makes your plant grow in every direction posible crazily and you get a outstanding amount more yield, and alot bushier of a plant instead of tall. try it youll never just let em "grow out" :party0033: trust me

B

bigyieldsonly

i always use the fim technique at first set of three leaves and if i can i will crop the last set 1 week before i switch and have recieved the most weight that way. but try a few diffrent ways and see what works best for you

M

merahoon

I personally would only top once. When the plant reaches six nodes, cut it back to its second and you will recieve 4 main colas. Train the plant from there and create a bush. Topping it that much will stress the hell out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom