• Thread starter ATLienNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ATLienNewbie

ATLienNewbie

Run off- 6.4
Nutrients- Emerald harvest @ 50%
Temp 70 night 78- 79 day

The tops on this plant have started turning yellow.

Could anyone give advice why?
And should I increase nutrients to micro and grow nutrients to 60%?

Tops turning yellow please help
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Little more calmag. They look kinda sad. Give a bit lower ph water maybe. Plant just isnt taking in certain nutrients right.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Does that yellowing look "striped" at all — like yellow between the veins, green on the veins? I can't tell from the pic.

Interveinal chlorisis (the striped pattern) is a classic symptom of iron or zinc deficiencies. It could still be one of those, even if it doesn't seem striped.

ATLienNewbie

ATLienNewbie

Some are striped with green and lime green. Majority of the new growth is legit lime green solid and they kinda look droopy but they are growing like crazy.

Unhinged

Unhinged

I had tops turning yellow while the lower stuff was nice and green. It was the start of the leaves being bleached by my led that was turned up too high.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Because checking the ppm in amended soil will just confuse. Cocoloco runoff is over 3000 ppm new. They say ffof is the same.

If feeding before the soil is depleted it is not accurate but you can still see the ppm go down as it depletes.

And the emerald harvest nutes will read just fine.

If feeding fertilizer i think an ec meter is needed. Especially if transitioning from nutrient added soil to only fertilizer.

Also medium is not mentioned in this thread.

ATLienNewbie

ATLienNewbie

I have Gavita 1700

Soil - 5 gallon - every two days. The reason being is because the plants would literally lose rigorousness and wilt if I didn’t water after 2 days.

I was told when checking ppm in soil, it is not that trustworthy because the ppms can fluctuate.

growsince79

growsince79

If feeding before the soil is depleted it is not accurate but you can still see the ppm go down as it depletes.

And the emerald harvest nutes will read just fine.

If feeding fertilizer i think an ec meter is needed. Especially if transitioning from nutrient added soil to only fertilizer.

Also medium is not mentioned in this thread.
My stuff is pretty much depleted at 1400-1600 ppm. 650 is the lowest I ever got it flushing hard.

growsince79

growsince79

I have Gavita 1700

Soil - 5 gallon - every two days. The reason being is because the plants would literally lose rigorousness and wilt if I didn’t water after 2 days.

I was told when checking ppm in soil, it is not that trustworthy because the ppms can fluctuate.
Sounds like you have root problems from improper watering. I'd raise the light until you get it right.

growsince79

growsince79

Im just saying if you meter the runoff every time you can see it go down. Once its under 1.2 ec or so the plant usually shows need.
My plants in cocoloco starve at 1500. If I fed 1500ppm bottled nutes they would fry and be completely ruined. Its apples and oranges.

Top Bottom