Toss the clones or keep them going??

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

Ok, so I over fertilized and lumen shocked my clones in dixie cups for about a week straight. For the past 2 weeks I decreased ppm's and lumens and they have been recovering and looking better. Some of them that looked like they were for sure dead and ruined have bounced back and are very slowly producing new and healthy growth.
I am concerned that this stress will significantly slow veg growth and/or cause them to hermie in flower. What do you all do with clones that you stress early on? Should I toss them and start with new ones? The strains are Chem Valley Kush, Purple Bubba K, Casey Jones, and Reserve Privada Confidential Cheese. I would love to keep these, but will toss them if the risk of hermie in flower is high.
The symptoms they had were leaves curling up, turning brittle, and dieing, brown lesions. copper color on leaves, twisting of leaves, leaves turning white, and an oily substance on the tops of the leaves.
Thanks for the help and I can't believe that I still haven't got this grow up and running smooth. Did I go too big to soon, yes. Will I continue trying until I succeed, yes.

R

robz

I kinda had the same type of issue recently. I unplugged my clone bucket 4 days in with fresh cuttings so I could open the lid & check Ph. Well it stayed unplugged for around 9 hrs. While I was at work. Got home & when I checked on them they were wilted & looked dead. Not one to give up I plugged the pump back in and misted them with water. Few hrs. Later they started to perk up. Now 2 weeks later they are all in dirt & doing good. I don't know if they are at risk of Herming on me but I'm taking my chances. I need them to keep my cycle going. I say don't give up yet.

M

Mr.

P1010132.JPG
P1010131.JPG
P1010130.JPG
P1010129.JPG
P1010128.JPG
P1010121.JPG

I

Inhale

They are recoverable, but ask yourself this...

What benefits out weight the other?

Can you cut new clones of equal height?

I hate to start with weak clones. I would rather scrap and take another 2 weeks to get beautiful cuts.

I figure that the more energy used for recovery means less energy used for actual growth or production.

M

Mr.

These are pics of how they look now. The last one resembles how a few looked right before a bunch of the leaves fell off, and before they recovered. It is a tough call since PNC closed. I really like the strains, and if I toss them then it is doubtful that I will find the same strains elsewhere within my timeframe. If I do get new ones then I am considering White Berry, Green Crack, and maybe P-91. Definitely not my top picks, but looking for a fast finisher now to make up for time lost on getting these going. If any of you in San Diego want these strains to make a mom out of then pm me and if I do switch them out then I will contact you, but please be established cause I'd like to be able to get cuttings of these down the road. I'd keep them myself but I don't have a veg only room at the moment.

G

Greengiant

I'd throw em out. But understand what u did wrong and don't do it again. U overwatered. That's the worst thing u can do. U burned the root tips n hairs the plant closes up and doesn't function the same. They won't produce and will die. Ur safer under watering always. Good luck.

M

Mr.

Well, the Chem Valley's are a foot tall now and I was going to transplant into the 3gallon smart pots today, but I guess I won't be. On to the next batch of clones unless anyone else says different. I have one person saying to keep them going and one saying to toss them, it is a little confusing, but I don't want to grow them if the yield is going to suck due this stress.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Mr.
the plants that live through stress and shock can be nursed back to health and some sort of harvest. Just not as big as if it never happened. If you want to keep the strain going, then nurse it. If it is not that important, keep the best and focus on those, and pick up some more. By the way, if you are brave enough, from what I read on the PNC thread, they are re-opened without Ape. Just some of his old guys. Best of luck,

-TF

S

Shredder

Well, the Chem Valley's are a foot tall now and I was going to transplant into the 3gallon smart pots today, but I guess I won't be. On to the next batch of clones unless anyone else says different. I have one person saying to keep them going and one saying to toss them, it is a little confusing, but I don't want to grow them if the yield is going to suck due this stress.

I'll vote for keeping them. They are recovering but probably lost a week or two, but if there the strains you want, let em live.

But next time take it easy on such small plants started in beer cups. I usually root in beer cups, I use rooters, put in an inch or two of fertilized soil, then fill in with straight pro mix. Once new growth starts, in a week or three, they go into bigger pots, with aged amended soil. Other than water, they might get a little seaweed, humic acid, and or kelp as a foliar spray. When I feel they are close to flowering time, then they get transplanted again into bigger pots, and only then do they start getting more nutrients.......shredder

Top Bottom