Total Darkness For Curing?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Ok to cut a long story short... Do my drying buds need to be in pitch blackness?

I know that excessive light can harm the drying process and harm THC levels...

But will a certain amount of low light be acceptable? Believe me I would have them in total darkness without question if possible, because that means nobody can see them ;)

Any help is great :)

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im not a 100 on this for sure but with my stuff I hang in a room that does not get full light but light is for getting to it and they still dank fire nug so if it is herting it Im not seeing it but this is just me

dan1989

dan1989

It's just that I might have to split my home made grow box with a dividing panel through the middle of the growing section, one side for drying, one for cloning the next ones. Can keep the light from my LED from shining directly on the buds by hanging them inside a box, but need holes in the box for airflow, and some space at the bottom of the divider panel to let air through from the passive intake... Luckily I've got about another 6ish weeks to work this out :D

dan1989

dan1989

Plus I may have problems because the clones need humidity and the buds definitely don't... Thinking humidity domes and spraying for the cuttings and my small mini dehumidifier for the buds cos it's quite a high humidity in my bedroom...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

and by the way u asked about cure dry n cure of 2 different things where I hang them to dry where light can get to it but cure I try to keep a way from heat and light just bc they say light hurts it and if I does I don't want something that setting for say 60days getting hit with lots of light every day where I could see how that maybe could speed up de comp as same with heat

but with drying/hanging its about 9-11 days then in to jars

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Plus I may have problems because the clones need humidity and the buds definitely don't... Thinking humidity domes and spraying for the cuttings and my small mini dehumidifier for the buds cos it's quite a high humidity in my bedroom...

yah just use a dome tell they root then should b fine but id still mist them often for the first like 4-8 days tell u know there is enough roots to get water on its own

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

cloneing is the only thing I can do and do well have 100% root rate took me a lil time to get there but I did it lol

dan1989

dan1989

Cool :) I used the rooting gel and started in Rockwool cubes, worked well

dan1989

dan1989

Got lucky with that actually as I only found out after you need to soak the cubes in PH'd water for 24 hours. I just got em wet under a tap and went for it. Rooted in coco then 5 days later saw roots :)

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Got lucky with that actually as I only found out after you need to soak the cubes in PH'd water for 24 hours. I just got em wet under a tap and went for it. Rooted in coco then 5 days later saw roots :)

yah never done a 24 hour soak I just put my cubes in a bowl of water as im doing the cutting and all that as im cloneing

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Just take a card board box, hang the buds in it close it up and put a pencil hole close to top. Put rh gauge in there. Monitor.. keep around 55 to 60 rh.. if it keeps climbing, open it up for 30 mins.. let them start to crisp, put back in the box. Repeat...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Rockwool is unforgiving. Very tough to master.. use rapid rooters. They are the shit. Soak them for 5 mins in ro/ and use.. they will support clones/ seedlings for the first week without having to water again. That way you don't disturb their environment. .. Thier environment really matters...
Just a Lil info.. well starting my 8 hrs... :(

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Have a good day tinder.. I want you to try something for me. Start another plant, seedling or clone in a solo cup, with a slits all along the bottom...sit that in a bowl. Every day we will just dump feed in the bowl...
Never in the solo cup...
1st week just some rooter. 1/2 solo cup feed
2nd week 250 ppm , 1/2 solo cup feed
3rd week 500 ppm and transplant to 1 gal Sq pots
1 cup solo cup feed
4th week 800 ppm, 1 cup feed...
Then we will talk.... Nothing but base nutes and pH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom