Total newbie at this grow

• Thread starter Hsilvas81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
my first grow too, i am using a living soil. i just started week 3 of flower (week 7 from sprout) and going good. i notice some leaves at the bottom turning yellow, but only a few, so i am thinking it is normal attrition. you can use the concentrate to dust on the top (just a couple tablespoons, not too much) if extra nutes are needed, or make a tea from it. but i havent needed yet...

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I think it's from the living soil. Smelled very gross but the knats seemed to come out of the soil. No knats anywhere in my home aside from the occasional fly. I'm hesitant to use any pesticide. Any suggestions for a natural deterrent?
Spread an inch thick covering of the medium with diatomaceous earth. Use the stickies for the adults. The DE keeps crawlers away.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. Does anyone know whether I should prune at all? If so any specifics on exactly what branches or leaves to cut? Hearing about the stress bending techniques but I'm not sure I trust myself. If y'all can see the one picture of the bud area, does it look like buds are clumping already? I'm about 22 days in so if so I'm worried.

20210421 185751
20210421 185743
20210421 185735
20210421 185712
20210421 185942
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Let your soil dry out really good between watering also. Helps get rid of gnats and encourages root growth. New growers always water too little to often. Water till it runs out the bottom and let dry out. The basic stuff works. I believe there is some debate too topping and pruning autos maybe slowing growth do to a little shock since u only have a short time? I’ve never grown one myself though. I’m sure some one knows. Good luck!!

Top Bottom