Touble in Paradise

• Thread starter Bill Bloome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bill Bloome

Greetings Farmers. I'm new to this site and indoor growing.I,ve learned a lot here but a problem has come up and I'm at a loss as to why.I got some Ganja Dwarfs to start my grow with and out of 10 seeds only 3 popped.I'm using Jiffy pellets with distilled water in the domed platic tray like always.when I only got 3 to pop I tried 5 bag seeds and they all came up.I just got some
3D from Subcool and Im scared somethings wrong.Was it just bad Dwarf seeds or should I use a different method?I would hate to lose any of my 3D.Any suggestions?:sweating

B

Bill Bloome

I took an Xacto knife and scraped the ridge seam slightly before I put the seed in the Jiffy pot.I used room temp distilled water to soak the pellet and drained the excess water.I stuck the seed about 3/4in deep and put them in the domed container and sat the kit on my power amp[slightly warm;about 79-80 degrees]'I put a dark washcloth over the clear top to keep out light.
I've popped seeds this way for 20 years with great success[I read about scraping the ridge on this site and it made sense to me,avoid shells that don't shed].I did some bag seed and they popped fine.Is the paper towel method that much better.

D

dirtman63

I would think that the seeds were bad if you've been doing it that way for years.Did you change pellet companys.I personaly never like pellets but some people love them.I just like to use starter soil or promix,but if you're doing hydro i would suggest rapid roters.Your temps and all that seem to be fine.Good Luck.Maybee try a couple in the pellets,im sure if the seeds are good they will be fine.Happy Growing!You can find them here...http://www.planetnatural.com/site/rapid-rooter.html

B

Bill Bloome

I dug up the sees from the pellets and only one popped .It looked like it was trying,a small shoot of green was visible.I put all of them between two paper towels in a sandwich container[Glad at the grocery store for2.50]Put 5 more bag seed in with them to see what happens.Will let you know in a day or two.

B

Bill Bloome

Thanks Dirtman, I've had those Jiffy pellets stashed in my garage since my last grow,which was almost five years ago.I trashed them and ordered some Rapid Rooters.I talked to the local flower freak down the street and he said he never keeps ANY peat product over a year.He says it gets to strong for seeds after a certain time.He told me about them finding perfectly pickled bodies in the peat bogs of Ireland and said thats probably what happened to my seeds.Old pellets,old seeds means no grow.Old pellets,fresh seeds,maybe.I'm going with the Rooters just to be safe.

B

Bill Bloome

better late than never

Grettings This is so weird.After almost two weeks in JIFFY peat pellets and no results,I dug the seeds up and put em between paper towels,with some seeds AMS sent me[part of the free 20] with distilled water,and put them back on my amp.I expected to see just the freebies pop but when I checked them every fucking one of them had sprouts.!Talk about surprise,I couldn't fucking believe it!Put em in cups,and stuck em in my Micro box.How about that shit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom