traasnplanted my clones to clay pebbles. roots not growing??

• Thread starter roger666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

roger666

SO i had some cuttings on rockwool. i allowed them to stay on the cubes for toooo loooong and i finally moved them to a clay pebble hydro set up. they looked silly: really large plants, sufferng from due to their tiniy pots, w older leaves just wilting as new ones grew.

2 weeks afters transplanting the roots still havent really developed! I dont want to turn to 12-12 because im afraid they wont give their best cuz the roots are so crap.

Should i just turn to 12-12? what can i do to encourage roots? i have some bayer garden strike rooting hormone. should i disolve it in the solution? will it help?

thanks guyz!!

hiboy

hiboy

Why would u try to flower if they r that small. Are u top feeding at all?
Roots excell is what u want to use. How old and how are big are they./
hb

R

roger666

they were growing for 1.5 months from seed before i transplanted them. they are about 14 incches tall. they werent under the best conditions im afraid. the idea was to germ and veg for 4 weeks and move the cubes to the big buckets to flower. it got delayed but they've been veggin for a further 2 weeks in the hydro system.

top feed/bottom feed.... well *cof cof* it was MEANT to be a bottom feed system, like, flood and drain, bbut i made it myself and in the end it was easier to top feed. so i water them twice a day then drain the pots once a day/ 2 days

R

roger666

does that make sense? anyway, in my head, the roots would spread out immediately once moved to the big pots, and this isnt happening, so im holding back the 12/12 cuz i dont want them to waste flowering energy growing roots....

B

bongfarm

I can't really picture your setup but I think I know what your problem is. Generally when you use hydroton(clay pebbles) you want to water/ feed often. But since your roots have not developed and grown into the hydroton your medium is rockwool (you planted in rockwool cubes right?) Twice a day may be too much for small rockwool cubes. Try cutting your feedings down to once a day.

Also you might want to try hand feeding at first until you get some growth in the hydroton. This way you can spray water/nutes AROUND the cube (you can give the cube a light spraying) which encourages the roots to grow outwards in search of water. If you keep your rockwool wet all the time the roots have no reason to go anywhere. You have to let your cubes dry out in between waterings.

Oh, and when I say dry out I don't mean completely. just dryish. let them get lightly damp. and make sure you spray mostly AROUND the cube when you feed.

hiboy

hiboy

ya dont flower yet.
let them recover. if not ull be recovering in flower and thats not desireable
hb

Top Bottom