Train or cut?

• Thread starter Wesmoke2joints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wesmoke2joints

Wesmoke2joints

Hey everyone. First time grower. Learning as I go kind of thing. I just have a couple plants and I would like to get them to grow more out the sides, get more tops, more yield. I'm would also rather they didn't grow over the height of my fence. Theirs at least 15hrs of light a day where I am. Is it too late to be cutting the top? I've thought about bending it backwards towards the fence away from the sun exposing the bottom half to more light. Should like to hear the thoughts of people with more experience then me.
Train or cut
Train or cut 2

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
I would super crop and lolly pop. Or I would just let it do its thing and remove the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the plants leaves. strip the bottom half of leaves and don't trim or any thing the top

Last edited:
Wesmoke2joints

Wesmoke2joints

I would super crop and lolly pop. Or I would just let it do its thing and remove the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 of the plants leaves. strip the bottom half of leaves and don't trim or any thing the top
You dont think if I bent them the lower would develop as well as the top if left alone? Isn't that more of a indoor thing, lollipop . Probably a newbie question

Wesmoke2joints

Wesmoke2joints

You can top them ,when does your flower cycle begin ?
That's another one of my big questions. how do I know. Wont it change when the sun light cuts way down? When do I stop giving them the Grow nuets and switch to the flower/buds neuts? Lol so much to know

Tech4523

Tech4523

Not sure, first time

My 1st few grows I played with all types of training to see how the plants react.

you can FIM just plucking the new growth at the very top

you can Low Stress Train by pulling or tying down branches

Super Cropping where you twist or roll the stocks so the tops bend over

Mainline and Topping where you cut the Top of the plant off to the node you want to keep.

I usually start my Topping/Fim once the plant has 4 nodes.

you can top/fim any time your plants are big enough and if they have time to recover before flower you will be ok

Here is a picture of a Mainline topping I did. Some guys only leave 2 new growth I left 4 on this plant

as you can see by the photo...I waited till the 4th node and then cut it down to the 3rd node and left only 4 growths that will grow into cola sites.

this is more controlled and controlling what grows.

if you Fim the plant kinda grows where it wants.

if you just want it to bush out look up how to FIM and just pinch the very top new growth. This will make the plant bush out.

maybe top one and fim one and you can see how it effects the plants.

Resized IMG 20200618 WA0002 800448637154182
Resized IMG 20200618 WA0001 800476726313702
20200625 081208
20200625 081121
Wesmoke2joints

Wesmoke2joints

My 1st few grows I played with all types of training to see how the plants react.

you can FIM just plucking the new growth at the very top

you can Low Stress Train by pulling or tying down branches

Super Cropping where you twist or roll the stocks so the tops bend over

Mainline and Topping where you cut the Top of the plant off to the node you want to keep.

I usually start my Topping/Fim once the plant has 4 nodes.

you can top/fim any time your plants are big enough and if they have time to recover before flower you will be ok

Here is a picture of a Mainline topping I did. Some guys only leave 2 new growth I left 4 on this plant

as you can see by the photo...I waited till the 4th node and then cut it down to the 3rd node and left only 4 growths that will grow into cola sites.

this is more controlled and controlling what grows.

if you Fim the plant kinda grows where it wants.

if you just want it to bush out look up how to FIM and just pinch the very top new growth. This will make the plant bush out.

maybe top one and fim one and you can see how it effects the plants.
Thanks for the info. I topped one of them that hasn't been topped before, the other two have been topped early on before I got them, hasn't decided what to do for those, maybe Fim those, they are getting tall too, need to slow it down vertical wise.
20200625 131125

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Hope your topping and FIM'ing go well. I'm a first year grower and just topped mine so interested to see how yours turn out.
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but those plants look pretty healthy. Good luck :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That's another one of my big questions. how do I know. Wont it change when the sun light cuts way down? When do I stop giving them the Grow nuets and switch to the flower/buds neuts? Lol so much to know
The plant will tell you as the hours decrease and temps become cooler it will show pistil , that’s when you can change seing your in soil , you can top and clone the top maybe with you sunlight hrs it might give you a second crop be it smaller it a crop neither the less . I would just tie the top of plant down over at 90degrese put a stake in ground tie it of being careful not to make tie to tight round plant stem You don’t want to damage transport tissue. It’s a easy way to grow the laterals will come up to find the sun now the Apex of plant has been removed as in toping or manipulation. Od .

Top Bottom