• Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheHulkThumb

TheHulkThumb

When should i start bending and other training my plant

Training my plant
Nugg

Nugg

I like to do it asap..id start by cutting off the big leaf do the branches get light do they can get moving faster...and maybe move your light up to get plant to stretch little more...leafs Will start pointing upwards some..just a thought.

TheHulkThumb

TheHulkThumb

I like to do it asap..id start by cutting off the big leaf do the branches get light do they can get moving faster...and maybe move your light up to get plant to stretch little more...leafs Will start pointing upwards some..just a thought.
Thanks i was wondering why it wasnt growing taller but i did top it twice already i wanna do it two or three more times. I had read tgat you shouldnt take off the fan leaves but i also saw tgat it really wouldnt hurt it either. With this all said and done im doing a good job?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks i was wondering why it wasnt growing taller but i did top it twice already i wanna do it two or three more times. I had read tgat you shouldnt take off the fan leaves but i also saw tgat it really wouldnt hurt it either. With this all said and done im doing a good job?
I top when there's enough separation between the nodes to cut easily but I don't start tying down until the branches are over the sides of the pot at around 5-6 weeks. I need to keep my plants short, I only have 5 ft under the light and I veg for 10 - 12 weeks so I keep pulling them down to stay short.

100 3693
TheHulkThumb

TheHulkThumb

I top when there's enough separation between the nodes to cut easily but I don't start tying down until the branches are over the sides of the pot at around 5-6 weeks. I need to keep my plants short, I only have 5 ft under the light and I veg for 10 - 12 weeks so I keep pulling them down to stay short.
What size is your pot and they look nice by the way so i should keep my light where it is or should i move them further away

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What size is your pot and they look nice by the way so i should keep my light where it is or should i move them further away
I only use 3 gallon pots unless I extend my veg time over 3 months I'll go to a 5 gallon. I'm not expert on light distances and use my hand as a gauge, if it's too hot for the back of my hand it's too hot for the tops. I just ordered a light meter $18 Cdn amazon to better gauge the light distance.

I use a 1000w hps to flower under and I move my vegging plants (I use about 300w of various lights under) to the flower rooms 1000w during the day for 10-11 hrs then back into the veg room for the night to keep them vegging.

What lights are you using? I know not about led/cob but t5 -t8 florescent you can keep them within inches as long as they're not touching the light they're good and I keep mine close, they'll stretch in flower and I want bushes over trees. This is a Galiano Candy that I sexed by leaving it in the flower room for 3 days on 12/12 then put it back on 24 hr light 3 weeks ago but it just keeps developing small buds. I just wanted to show you my method of tying down with this pick. I use clips around the top of the pot then with string and coated wire hooks I pull down the branches, careful not to pull too hard and split the stalk. Within a day of pulling them down they turn up towards the light, its hard to keep a good plant tied down, they just want to grow😃

100 3746
TheHulkThumb

TheHulkThumb

I only use 3 gallon pots unless I extend my veg time over 3 months I'll go to a 5 gallon. I'm not expert on light distances and use my hand as a gauge, if it's too hot for the back of my hand it's too hot for the tops. I just ordered a light meter $18 Cdn amazon to better gauge the light distance.

I use a 1000w hps to flower under and I move my vegging plants (I use about 300w of various lights under) to the flower rooms 1000w during the day for 10-11 hrs then back into the veg room for the night to keep them vegging.

What lights are you using? I know not about led/cob but t5 -t8 florescent you can keep them within inches as long as they're not touching the light they're good and I keep mine close, they'll stretch in flower and I want bushes over trees. This is a Galiano Candy that I sexed by leaving it in the flower room for 3 days on 12/12 then put it back on 24 hr light 3 weeks ago but it just keeps developing small buds. I just wanted to show you my method of tying down with this pick. I use clips around the top of the pot then with string and coated wire hooks I pull down the branches, careful not to pull too hard and split the stalk. Within a day of pulling them down they turn up towards the light, its hard to keep a good plant tied down, they just want to grow😃
Yea im using led im still trying to figure out how many true wattage it is but i was told to move it away some so it can stretch a little but i tried to bend it some and snapped my plant in half lol

Top Bottom