Trainwreck clone, 6-8 weeks old, very small leaves, starting to flower - normal?

• Thread starter Califlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Califlower

Califlower

So I got some sort of Mendo Trainwreck and it always had dwarf looking leaves. The whole thing seems micro compared to the other strains I picked up. I had it with other clone varieties on an interrupted night cycle so I could start to match the daylight for the day I transplant. A couple weeks ago I switched the closet over to just plain old 18/6 because the OG Kush was starting to preflower and I wanted to see If more light would halt that. Now this Trainwreck is flowering it seems. I have also been dealing with fungus gnats, so that's why you see the sticky trap and potato wedge in there. The bic lighter hopefully gives some scale to the size of the leaves. The plant is in a 1 gallon pot using only Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil. Some of the leaves have a bunch of yellow spots. Maybe this cut isn't the best genetics, I don't know. I have it under T12 lights right now, but I picked up a bank of 2 T5 HO that I will be switching to.

Trainwreck clone 6 8 weeks old very small leaves starting to flower   normal

straincreation

straincreation

I dont see any flowers on there bro.. is this the first time with this cut. It can be manythings, are you sure its not a autiflower first of all, if you rule that and for sure its not an AF plant then. it can just be showing its sex ive had some train wreck that showed heavy sex early and threw till flio time. It could be stressed out you should either clear out that fooilage from the center (lollipop) or you super crop the tops and hooe they fill in , but again it looks like they are stressed, which in turn will give you drwarfed leaves, plants etc.however it looks like whatever trauma it went threw prior it is recovering from and those damaged leaves there are making the new growth suffer. Thus giving you dwarfed growthm how are the roots ? If good then this may be your probkem, this is my analysis on the pics shown and the info given. So I say either clean it up or she will suffer on recovering growth and this will make your canopy uneven. And also your leaves more time to get back to normal size.
P.s. if you lollipop make sure to stake up those 4 main branches. And give an extra bump of silica so they dont topple over during flower. Best of luck to you man happy farmin.

Califlower

Califlower

I dont see any flowers on there bro.. is this the first time with this cut. It can be manythings, are you sure its not a autiflower first of all, if you rule that and for sure its not an AF plant then. it can just be showing its sex ive had some train wreck that showed heavy sex early and threw till flio time. It could be stressed out you should either clear out that fooilage from the center (lollipop) or you super crop the tops and hooe they fill in , but again it looks like they are stressed, which in turn will give you drwarfed leaves, plants etc.however it looks like whatever trauma it went threw prior it is recovering from and those damaged leaves there are making the new growth suffer. Thus giving you dwarfed growthm how are the roots ? If good then this may be your probkem, this is my analysis on the pics shown and the info given. So I say either clean it up or she will suffer on recovering growth and this will make your canopy uneven. And also your leaves more time to get back to normal size.
P.s. if you lollipop make sure to stake up those 4 main branches. And give an extra bump of silica so they dont topple over during flower. Best of luck to you man happy farmin.

Now I have to look up what lollipoping a plant means, lol. Let me say the clone always had very small leaves. I didn't know if maybe it was a top clone and those leaves were small, or all Trainwreck were this way. Also, I found out the thing was infested with spider mites. I thought I got them all a few weeks back, but sadly no. This is why it is so sad looking on the leaves as far as spots. I didn't show you the branch ends last time, definitely flowering. Two spotted mite perhaps?
IMG 1246

IMG 1236

Califlower

Califlower

Up pot her ASAP....she needs more room. My .02
Thanks, but they got 1 gallon pots only a couple weeks ago, all the other clones are much bigger and healthier in the same soil and lighting. I learned my lesson last year with plants too long in party cups getting root bound. Now I am more careful.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
it looks stressed..and stress can cause some plants to autoflower
I say Flush with water and then give her some N, and maybe some Supethrive..(b vitamins )

Or

flower it out

Califlower

Califlower

R
it looks stressed..and stress can cause some plants to autoflower
I say Flush with water and then give her some N, and maybe some Supethrive..(b vitamins )

Or

flower it out
Thanks, well said. It's true, stress can cause flowering! When I think flush, I just think a good watering with 1/3 volume of the pot runoff, but what do you mean by flush? When I water, since its in pretty rich soil, I don't give it fertilizer and I do see good runoff. I may just flower her anyway, and I put her in the yard by some flowering herbs that had some good laybug beetles hanging on it. As far as she goes I'm debating, maybe take a clone from her best part and try to get it to root, put it under lights to revert to veg, then put 'er outside to grow up.. if possible... Or not. I have some more robust plants of different strains I can work with. :cool:

Califlower

Califlower

I forgot to say, before I took her out of the closet and put her outside, I saw a very small daddy long legs going at the mites, so that's neat. Outside is also great for getting spiders on your plants!

Top Bottom