Trainwreck - Growers input

• Thread starter Harvest87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harvest87

Hello Im fairly new to the site, and I wanted some experienced growers input on how my plant looks and if Im doin it all correct. I currently have 4 Flouro's on it, 75 watt each, running 24/0. 1 Fan running 18/6. Just started feeding it Nitrogen Nutrients by dissolving it in water and letting it sit for a few days. Watered every 2-3 days. Miracle Grow organic potting soil/ perlite mixed. Plant is just about 1 month old, how does it look to you guys?

http://img8.invalid.com/img8/8722/sdc10760a.jpg
http://img8.invalid.com/img8/6233/sdc10756.jpg
http://img8.invalid.com/img8/951/sdc10757z.jpg

-B

H

Harvest87

Plant is about 6" high. I pinched off 2 of the side stems above the node that were not doing good and was affecting the plant, since then the plant has been much better

mace

mace

looks like she's taking off nicely, i love trainwreck! Not a hard girl to grow at all

B

British_Hempire

Just noticed one has purple stems, this is often a sign of phosphorous def, but if it;s just one plant, it might be natural. The plants look healthy though, is this GHS TW?

H

Harvest87

Cool thanks for the help! Yeah not a bad grow, gave me a few problems here and there at first but she's taking off good now.

I actually got it out of a slice of TW I bought, so Im not exactly sure. Yeah I noticed that one first half of the stem is purple and the others arent, I was thinking the same thing, I have really fed it anything but nitrogen.

K

koopa troopa

the TW IBL i have flops like a guppy real early in flower, even though the buds aren't thick at all. bushes like a beast and i almost can't keep up with her watering.

D

Dublo

Really, why is that?

Hello Harvest 87, what he means is that once flowered it really is a must that you are ready and prepared with some good Staking and ties... I was once growing "TrainWreck" for about three straight runs and I always just put about 4-5bamboo stakes evenly around the plant in teach pot as soon as I transplanted her into the 3 or 5 gallon buckets or bags... The reason I put them in before I even flowered her was just so I wouldn't disturb the roots once they were well established... It diesn't relalty matter though one way or the other I just thought it was kinder to the plant...

I also tried using small Tomato cages and they worked well, but I always ended up tieing them up and away from each other as they do get really heavy for the little stretched out branches they got in flowering, and they started leaning on each other bud to bud and it was beter to keep them separate from each other You have a very nice strain there and you are doing just fine by the looks of it....

WHat brand of Nitrogen are you using, if you don't mind me asking? It's not a bad Idea to give them a little balanced nutes either.. If you are using a Synthetic like Miracle Grow be careful because it can build up on ya in your soil....

Good Work bud, you will love this smoke BTW, and if you can mange to keep her around, she is well worth the effort of mothering.... Lookin' Marvelous bud! Dub:afroweed:

T

Time

How are the yeilds on TW?

It depends on what you consider TW. The real TW is a lower yielding plant but some of the bootleg back crosses and knockoffs sold as Trainwreck have been known for higher yields.

If you have Trainwreck (I can't speak for the knockoffs) then topping the plant will increase the number of colas and increase yield over TW plants with single stocks.

H

Harvest87

Hello Harvest 87, what he means is that once flowered it really is a must that you are ready and prepared with some good Staking and ties... I was once growing "TrainWreck" for about three straight runs and I always just put about 4-5bamboo stakes evenly around the plant in teach pot as soon as I transplanted her into the 3 or 5 gallon buckets or bags... The reason I put them in before I even flowered her was just so I wouldn't disturb the roots once they were well established... It diesn't relalty matter though one way or the other I just thought it was kinder to the plant...

I also tried using small Tomato cages and they worked well, but I always ended up tieing them up and away from each other as they do get really heavy for the little stretched out branches they got in flowering, and they started leaning on each other bud to bud and it was beter to keep them separate from each other You have a very nice strain there and you are doing just fine by the looks of it....

WHat brand of Nitrogen are you using, if you don't mind me asking? It's not a bad Idea to give them a little balanced nutes either.. If you are using a Synthetic like Miracle Grow be careful because it can build up on ya in your soil....

Good Work bud, you will love this smoke BTW, and if you can mange to keep her around, she is well worth the effort of mothering.... Lookin' Marvelous bud! Dub:afroweed:
Awesome thank you forthe info that really helps. And yes im actually using miracle grow nitrogen, I couldnt find anything else around here since all the garden centers are closed this time of year. It is 25% nitrogen, which I know is a lot so I just added a pinch of it into the water and let it dissolve for a day before adding it, seems to be working great. I cant wait for flowering

H

Harvest87

here is an update of the TW from today at 1:46pm

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r326/nefarious93/noobmare/SDC10766.jpg

H

Harvest87

the TW IBL i have flops like a guppy real early in flower, even though the buds aren't thick at all. bushes like a beast and i almost can't keep up with her watering.

Lol, it just started booming out of nowhere and is shooting out leaves everywhere, im curious to see how flowering goes,, hopefully good :banana:

G

greentipz

my e32 is much more sat...bushes like crazy ....must Lst her.....take a look at my gallery pic

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

i run arcata cut TW and it is characterized by small yields of intense dope. It will go in 55 days and i have taken it to 70 to try to bring up the yield. urs does not look like mine, but mine is a cut that is about 40 years old. and as far as i know there is no true TW in seed form.

2b2s

D

DrGreenLean

Hey man!!

This was my grow diary last year using Greenhouse Feminised seeds. Was a good yield. About 2.5 Oz over 2 plants if I remember correctly. Tasted brill!

Hope this helps.

DrGL :rauch08:

G

greentipz

whats up with these indica looking trainwrecks? the IBL i have is completely sativa,branches like a bitch,and fast finishing....long held IBL cut

Top Bottom