transfering plants from coco to organic soil?

• Thread starter slausongardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slausongardens

slausongardens

i got some mother plants from a friend yesterday and theyre in coco but recently ive been using my own organic soil mix for my mothers and theyre beautiful, ive never seen plants so happy..

so i would like to have these mothers in the organic soil mix to but is it too late for that??? will changing the medium on them be too stressful for them?? and switching from chem nutes to organic soil, is that not good??

i might just take the clones and remother them in the soil and flower out the ones in coco..

i just dont know much about organics, just started and am trying to learn as much as i can.

maybe its not a problem at all. any help would be nice

thanks.

Pinky Lee

Pinky Lee

I had a similar situation- I was given a couple of mothers that were grown hydroponically in coir using chemical nutes. I did a full 3x flush- 2x ROd water and the final w/ 1/2 balanced organic nute solution. I then repotted from 3 gal to 5 gal (my mother container size) using my "full strength" soil mix w/ micros, meals etc. The flush helped loosen up the roots in the coir which I'm sure helped w/ the plant's transition into their new substrate. Adjusting the coir's pH to match the soil mix seemed a logical move, as well. 4 months have passed and the 2 mothers are healthy and thriving in an organic culture. np

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

It should be fine to put in organics,the mother plants must be three months old?, just put in right pot size for transplanting,might be a smart to take some clones too.

slausongardens

slausongardens

sweet! thanks guys.. im just loving the organics.. the plants are the happiest ive ever seen them, ive never gotten them this nice looking hydroponically or with coco..

and its just so easy to keep them healthy too. i love it.

J

Jellybean

I just popped a mom who has been marinating in coco for 6 months into roots soilless mix about a week ago, did a hard flush out the hose and put her outside, so far so good.

Pinky Lee

Pinky Lee

Most nursery plants are grown using time release synthetic nutrients. The transition to an organic system is usually fairly seamless.

slausongardens

slausongardens

so gald to hear, i cant wait to see what these white fire ladys are gonna look like in true living organics.. the coco has em like a light green and not nearly as happy as this soil mix has the others.

Top Bottom