transferring seedling in soil to dwc

• Thread starter sk2004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sk2004

Hi all, have a seedling rootbound in a 3in clay pot. Turned out female and looks like a good canidate for a mother. Does anyone have any experience transferring to dwc? Doesn't seem that there are any pumps for residual soil to clog. Will this cause stress? Or is it better to take a cutting for the dwc bucket?

Any advice would be appreciated.

R

Rushed

Just soak the dirt really well before you dump the pot, rinse the roots clean of dirt in your sink, and then pop it in your system.
It might stress a little at first but it will come out of it.
Start your nuts very low and build up from there.

Good Luck

audius

audius

personally,i wouldnt do it. i would keep her in soil, just tranzplant her into a bigger pot. easyest fix & no hick ups involved.

Tank333

Tank333

I've done it before. Its a bit tough to keep from stunting it, but its possible.

I would take a cup/bowl of r/o water and rinse the soil off in that. Don't do it in the sink though, tap water could be really bad for the root system...

S

sk2004

Thanks everyone for advice. This one looks nice but isn't critical to the cause so dropped it in the dwc bucket today. Little leaf curl, but was really rootbound in the small clay pot so may be residual effects. Small amount of grow nutes, some superthrive, and greenfuse. pH came up at 6.1. Will see what happens. If it works out, way cool but if it don't, can go into flower or into compost with the old, tired mothers.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've done this a lot, with few ill effects. As the man said above, just keep your nute concentration low for awhile until the plant acclimates. The direction I have serious problems with is going from DWC to soil- I've had zero success thus far.

S

senate

Done this too, and am no pro. I've gotten the leaf curl every single time. After a week or so they pick up with new growth and take off.

S

sk2004

The direction I have serious problems with is going from DWC to soil- I've had zero success thus far.

That explains a lot. My cuttings seem to hate coming out of the bubble cloner (either in rockwool or root riots) into soil. Thanks for the insight. New things to think about every day

nebulius

nebulius

Once the cannabis club only had clones in dirt and I was doing dwc. I got a bucket filled it up with RO water and proceed to break up the dirt in the water and rinse roots. girls were in light shock droopy and no new growth for a week, but took off right after. wouldn't recommend it unless u have no choice. try getting clones in rockwool.

S

sk2004

Was from seed. Started it in soil because of availability a the time. Did ok in dwc but didn't like how it looked so cut down to clones (in rockwool) but not sure if its something to continue. Guess a learning experience. Ur lucky if u have a cannabis club there.

C

chess

soak in ditilled water lightly,lightly tumble soil from roots,give some b1 only and give 2weeks to resume,good luck.thats not a big prob.

C

cultleader

see, I will be doing this shortly and was wondering the same thing.

Unit541

Unit541

To me this is an unnecessary disruption of a plant you intended for use as a mother. If she was gonna be a mother, why not just leave her in her home and take cuttings for DWC?

In the time it would take for Mom to rebound from the transplant and acclimate to DWC, you could have taken cuts, rooted and had them in flower. Instead, you evicted a mother-to-be from her house, then gave up and hacked her into pieces because she complained about it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

To me this is an unnecessary disruption of a plant you intended for use as a mother. If she was gonna be a mother, why not just leave her in her home and take cuttings for DWC?

In the time it would take for Mom to rebound from the transplant and acclimate to DWC, you could have taken cuts, rooted and had them in flower. Instead, you evicted a mother-to-be from her house, then gave up and hacked her into pieces because she complained about it.

LOL- I love it, 'the anthropomorphization theory' of agriculture. Thanks for the chuckle, brother...

Top Bottom