Transition from clone to veg

• Thread starter Weekend Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weekend Farmer

Alright, I've been trying to gear up and prepare for a sog ebb & flow grow. So, here's what I know. You start some mother plants and let them get mature enough to take cuttings. Take your cuttings and stick them in your cloner. The cuttings will form roots and then what. I'm trying to figure out how you put them in pots without damaging the roots.

Can you put some hydroton in the bottom of the pots, then stick your cutting in and fill it up with more hydroton? I'm confused with exactly how you get them in their final containers.

Also, I should fill the bottom of my tray with hydroton? or a cocomat for the roots if they grow out of their container? I apologize if this has been covered before. I've done a bit of reading and haven't found my answers yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

WF

N

necros

It may seem like the hydroton will damage the roots but this really isn't the case. There is a lot of area for the roots to grow inbetween those balls.

It's just like transplanting in soil. Start with some hydroton on the bottom, put your clone in, and surround it with hydroton.

I haven't used an ebb & flow system before, but if I started from scratch I would start with these plans here:

EBB & FLOW SYSTEM (FLOOD AND DRAIN)

Hope this helps!

M

mMmTHC

Good thread... What I gathered.. Once they come out of the cloner you just becareful transplanting.. I was wondering that my self but I was reading and will try.. I will clone them once they get roots showing pull them and put them into the net pots you will be using with hydroton i dont think you will ruin the root system being there just being built... Even if it takes an hour to plant all ur mothers lol.. Good luck.. I will let you know my outcome in a month or so..I have about 15 babies starting right now and will be under a 400watt light soon then clone them and see if there male or females..

D

doco

First time I did it, I was nervous too but they don't mind a bit - don't even wilt. I use Rapid Rooters so it adds a little cushion but straight from the cloner should work fine.

W

Weekend Farmer

Thanks for the replies. I knew it couldn't be difficult, but just wanted a little reassurance.

WK

M

Matto

I like to cut my clones and dip them in root starter powder and then put into floral cubes and keep them moist for two weeks. Roots should be showing by then those that dont should be discarded. I root them with sunlight through a window I have also used cfls with success. Trim the leaves so they concentrate on root growth and not feeding. This works with many types of plants. After they root I put in perlite and and keep short with you 400 watt light good luck to all medicinal growers and recreational too:cool0041:

Top Bottom