Transition to flower question...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

I have 3 plants in veg (18 hours on/6 off) that I'd like to put in my flower room, alongside some other stuff...so I have to work around the existing lighting schedules...If I put them straight into my flower room, these will get 24 hours light the first day (instead of the previous 18 hours) then they will get 12/12 from then on. My concern here is that the change in veg lighting schedule slows down the bud from showing.

Or I could pull them out of the veg room, put them in an unlit closet for 12 hours and throw em into the flower room when lights go on so they start at 12/12 right away. My concern here is that my closet is not light proof and I might get some light leaks on the first day I go 12/12...if that is an issue I have no idea really.

So which way would cause less stress and a faster start...or am I overthinking it, doesn't really matter either way?

St3ve

St3ve

sorry to bump this old thread but for the life of me I can't find that thread regarding changing over lighting. It was talking about the pros and cons of going 18/6 to 16/8 to 14/10 to 12/12 etc etc.

If someone could please post a link that would be AWESOME! I've been looking for it for two days. :/

thank you :)

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
closest to natural sun light is best ( with out overthinking it .....guess it depends on how much tim you have on your hands) days get shorter gradualy so 20 /4 to 18/6 to 16/8 to 14 /10 to 12/12 is more like nature but ime strait from 24 to 12/12 works same as 18/6 like music lots of different taste

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I have study this a little. I hear many have turn the light off for 36hr of a dark cycle before the 12/12. Makes the plant realize with out 2ed thought that its now in flowering! The most I done is like 18 hrs just because that when I wanted the lamps to turn on during the day while I was around ;)

For the little bit of light coming in. Ha I personally use 2 sheets of visqween both areas with 1000w too. Sure the one little corner site that has a little mounts of light, will have maybe 2g lighter then others... Best way is the cheap way!

Top Bottom