Transitioning to flower nutrients after flip

• Thread starter Knox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Knox

Knox

I would like to know how you transition to your flower nutrients when switching to 12/12.
I'm following the idea that 1 week after flip is the optimal time to switch to your flower solution?

Are there other protocols that you follow?

What might the benefits of your method?

Y

yobbocrack

I would like to know how you transition to your flower nutrients when switching to 12/12.
I'm following the idea that 1 week after flip is the optimal time to switch to your flower solution?

Are there other protocols that you follow?

What might the benefits of your method?
what does your nutrient brand advise or do they.

Knox

Knox

what does your nutrient brand advise or do they.
It doesn't specify says something along the lines of "after switch to 12/12"
I've been doing a bit of reading into it and I've seen a lot of people recommending 2 weeks, as there is still a considerable need for N for some time after you flip, which makes sense to me.

R

rangabud

I'm no judge as my nutrients are the same for veg and flower.
but I've heard alot of people do veg nutes for the first week, then 50/50 veg and bloom nutes for 2nd week, then straight bloom nutes for week3 and onwards.

Knox

Knox

I'm no judge as my nutrients are the same for veg and flower.
but I've heard alot of people do veg nutes for the first week, then 50/50 veg and bloom nutes for 2nd week, then straight bloom nutes for week3 and onwards.
That sounds like a smooth transition.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

You want to feed nitrogen into week 2 but you want to start blending your grow and bloom formulations so that you can start introducing higher concentrations of potassium and phosphorous. The time when you've flipped light schedule but pistils are not showing is a good time to start bumping up your cal/mag as they're going to want an elevated amount right around flip. You can pull back on the cal/mag after you start seeing pistils.

Knox

Knox

You want to feed nitrogen into week 2 but you want to start blending your grow and bloom formulations so that you can start introducing higher concentrations of potassium and phosphorous. The time when you've flipped light schedule but pistils are not showing is a good time to start bumping up your cal/mag as they're going to want an elevated amount right around flip. You can pull back on the cal/mag after you start seeing pistils.
This is awesome information. Many thanks!

Knox

Knox

My council requires photos.....LOL!!!

YW!
I'll get some tomorrow when lights are on for you :) always happy to share! I've got a grow journal in the grow diaries section if you want to check that out in the mean time!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'll get some tomorrow when lights are on for you :) always happy to share! I've got a grow journal in the grow diaries section if you want to check that out in the mean time!
Looks like you already have a good understanding of whats going on. Well done! đź‘Ť

Kidding about the photos.....but I'll take 'em if you got 'em!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Don't start giving them bloom nutes until you see small buds forming about 14 -21 days after the flip to 12 / 12...
I like to start blending my bloom nutes with my grow nutes from the moment I flip but I ladder feed them by stepping up the bloom feed in increments and dropping the grow feed at the same time. Feed 1 & 2 @ 75/25, feed 3 & 4 @ 50/50, feed 5 0/100. The bloom nutes I use cuts around 60% of N that Grow provided. By feed 5 I should be seeing pistils and the N to P to K handoff is complete. I also increase cal/mag at flip until a week or so after I see pistils forming then I back them off to previous application levels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom