Transparent insect?

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAWS

JAWS

hello DOCTORS:talking
ok so im in soil just getting this grow underway after a hellish 2 1/2 months of wasted time on the last one....

now what im seeing is small ALMOST TRANSPARENT bugs crawling around im my soil and i need to get rid of them does anybody know what these things might be...there to small for me to get a pic of but there small roundish and kinda fast movers i think 6 legs maybe...
thank you:talking

HELP
:hunter::hunter::hunter:

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

hello DOCTORS:talking
ok so im in soil just getting this grow underway after a hellish 2 1/2 months of wasted time on the last one....

now what im seeing is small ALMOST TRANSPARENT bugs crawling around im my soil and i need to get rid of them does anybody know what these things might be...there to small for me to get a pic of but there small roundish and kinda fast movers i think 6 legs maybe...
thank you:talking

HELP
:hunter::hunter::hunter:

Hey JAWS, I've been spending the last few weeks in my IPM (integrated pest management) course looking and identifying common garden pests, and what I think your describing is some kind of Aphid. I'll copy the description from my cheat sheet for class and lab....

"Aphids are small, pear shaped insects. They can be black, pink, green, or a opaque white. The presence of tubular cornices, small tubular projections from the hind end, distinguishes aphids from all other insects. Adults may or may not have wings, and also aphids sometimes produce live young..."

ALSO JAWS, if you can get a scope and get one in your hand and shake your hands around to knock em out for a sec....TAKE A LOOK at it under a 30x or a hand lens and if you see any spots on the opaque white body its DEF an aphid, and its a momma as well.

If the tubular cornices isn't there, than its probably some kind of soil mite...2 spotted red mite or russet possibly.....I really think you got an aphid there though with your 6 leg description and color....Keep me updated?

Hope I could help...Gotta jet to class! Have a good one!

Heres a link to what im reading from my class text handouts. Its all off the UC Davis Integrated Pest Management program for Northern CA.....Thinkin' of starting to move towards a career in IPM...Im def diggin' it. That link should help you with making an identification!

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r280300111.html

You can use UC Davis IPM guidelines for ANY pest of the garden or of MMJ.:banana1sv6:

JAWS

JAWS

hello OGPLAT:talking
omg no not APHIDS ive never delt with those things but i hear alot about them, i will be checknig out the link you left and if they are what you think they might be i hope to hell that link has info on how to kill them...
thanks brother:talking

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
SIk link OG PLatnium!! thnx, Jaws good luck man, ive had root aphids and they are tough to kill, in my experience no 1 single action worked. I had to use spectricide, merit75 incectsidial soap and liquid pyrithium. I nver saw a translucent one though.

Confu...

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

omg no not APHIDS ive never delt with those things but i hear alot about them, i will be checknig out the link you left and if they are what you think they might be i hope to hell that link has info on how to kill them...
thanks brother:talking

IPM is more about the prevention to insects and arthropods and exploiting aspects of their environment and their own characteristics to kill their populations rather than spraying a pyrethrum based product like pyganic or something to just wipe em out...thus possibly creating and more resistant insect that could lay dormant in your room for months/years and spring back up for a all out FUCK SPREE on your ladies and take em down in a week...

All some high ass rambling while studying for a test about pest management in the garden.....hahha.:banana1sv6:

If you'd like to know more about IPM lemme know....If its aphids JAW's id first try and knock the population down with some SNS-203, its basically clove oil and other botanicals and wont hurt your babies one bit, usually suffocates the SHIT out of and coats all eggs...Its a Sierra Natural Science product, worked for me in the past, I like all their pest products.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

SIk link OG PLatnium!! thnx, Jaws good luck man, ive had root aphids and they are tough to kill, in my experience no 1 single action worked. I had to use spectricide, merit75 incectsidial soap and liquid pyrithium. I nver saw a translucent one though.

Confu...

Exactly what this fool states, its not just a simple solution when you have an infestation, its a multitude of things that have to work together to get the population completely down...Your welcome bro, anytime! Always trying to help where I can, haven't made a informative post in a bit since school and work have been reemin' me hard. lol.

JAWS

JAWS

well they look most like those PEACH APHIDS just not as green, what would a watering with H-PEROXSIDE do to these things?....i dont have any kind of insect killer like what your suggesting..
ohh shit:talking

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

well they look most like those PEACH APHIDS just not as green, what would a watering with H-PEROXSIDE do to these things?....i dont have any kind of insect killer like what your suggesting..
ohh shit:talking

Could knock em down a bit....Quart of SNS-203 is 17.99. Makes about 3-4 or 4-5 gallons depending on strength. Shit works!

JAWS

JAWS

do you know if i can just go by this stuff or is it going to me an online buy from some other state?....lowes--home depot--wally world any of those carry that stuff?..
thanks dude:talking

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
do you know if i can just go by this stuff or is it going to me an online buy from some other state?....lowes--home depot--wally world any of those carry that stuff?..
thanks dude:talking

incecitcidal soap works real good on its own, u can start there available most newhere and its omri approved.In my experience, u have to drowned those bitches completely submerge the pots in it for atleast a few minutes(not sure how that works in soil which i assume ur growing in?)

Confu..

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Exactly what this fool states, its not just a simple solution when you have an infestation, its a multitude of things that have to work together to get the population completely down...Your welcome bro, anytime! Always trying to help where I can, haven't made a informative post in a bit since school and work have been reemin' me hard. lol.

True that OG, i know pretreat baby plants with a couple things and ive been good to go! Biggest lesson Ive learned since growing, pertreat for stuff and u have a happy flowering process!

"If u stay ready u aint got to get ready"
suga free

Confu...

JAWS

JAWS

hello CON:talking
umm woww not sure id want to TOTALY submerg my cups of soil, i mean im just getting going here some seedlings are 1/2 above the soil while the tallest are like 1inch......just wanting to get on this as early as possible so im not fucking fighting these things through out my intire grow, after the 2 1/2 months of wasted time on the last round this GROW has to make it to harvest and i need a decent yield so ya no time to be wasting on fighting any bugs any longer then need be..
peace:talking

Top Bottom