Transplant A Plant That Is In A Fabric Pot?

• Thread starter Bones69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bones69

Bones69

Just wanna ask if it is possible to transplant a plant in a smart pot to a larger pot. I noticed the roots piercing the pouch and being this is my first time using a fabric pot, c men sense tells me you can't pull the plant out the way you would a traditional pot. So being the roots penatrate the pouch, can I just put the whole pot in let's say a 10 gallon pot fill it up and done? Or is this just another asshole idea I had? That's ok laugh because I think of crazy shit all the time.
See when I started this grow I did not know I was gonna try main lining for the first time so I started some northern light and a buddy was main lining his so I said what the hell! Well I am in no hurry for bud and like the idea of growing 16 to 32 cola's but that's not happening in a 3 gallon pot so this is why I asked this question.
Thanks farmers!!!

Shamus

Shamus

Peel the fabric down.. Kinda like shucking corn..

I've thought of that myself but the odds are if it does work you'll be fucking up your pots quick like.. One or two runs out of the smaller pots your transplanting in max

Bones69

Bones69

Very good answers and everyone seems to be on the same page. Fuck the pot I don't care if it get messed up the end result is allthat matters to me! I am growing in soil so I will wait just before my next watering and give it a go. I like shroomking's idea with the butter knife but just 1 more question. I know that when I do the peal some of the roots will get damaged but just as long as it is not the tap I should be ok?
Thanks for all the advise much appreciated!!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Very good answers and everyone seems to be on the same page. Fuck the pot I don't care if it get messed up the end result is allthat matters to me! I am growing in soil so I will wait just before my next watering and give it a go. I like shroomking's idea with the butter knife but just 1 more question. I know that when I do the peal some of the roots will get damaged but just as long as it is not the tap I should be ok?
Thanks for all the advise much appreciated!!!
Yes you will be ok. I've transplanted many plants from 1gallon smartpots. Just be gentle. Best of luck.
Peace.

Bones69

Bones69

Someone even told me just put little slices in the pot and drop that shit in your bigger container??? I really don'tlike this idea but hell I don't know this is a first for me.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Someone even told me just put little slices in the pot and drop that shit in your bigger container??? I really don'tlike this idea but hell I don't know this is a first for me.
You can do that, but it ruins the pot, I believe in reuse. Just be gentle. The practice will do you good.

Bones69

Bones69

shroom king I am gonna roll with your suggestion. I just need for the soil to dry out a bit.

Bones69

Bones69

I am another where nothing goes to waiste!!! Even when I cleaned up my main lining project I cloned what I could but only befor the first topping. Anything after that just to small but I don't like waiste!!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Transplanting should be done a day after watering because moist roots and soil (not soaking wet or bone dry) will slide out of the old pot easier. The soil will hold together better, and less root damage will occur.

shroom king I am gonna roll with your suggestion. I just need for the soil to dry out a bit.

Bones69

Bones69

Transplanting should be done a day after watering because moist roots and soil (not soaking wet or bone dry) will slide out of the old pot easier. The soil will hold together better, and less root damage will occur.
I thank you for help and after next watering (2 days ) I will wait a day and go for the transplant. I will give an update on how it went.
Thanks.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

I used to just drop the fabric pot straight into the container. Roots grow right through it no problem and the plant never knows it was transplanted. You just can't reuse the pots until after harvest so you have to own two sets.

Bones69

Bones69

I used to just drop the fabric pot straight into the container. Roots grow right through it no problem and the plant never knows it was transplanted. You just can't reuse the pots until after harvest so you have to own two sets.
You just dropped it in no slicing or making holes? I don't care about the pot I would rather go less stressful way.

north knect

north knect

I think u would have healthier roots removing it out of the bag rather then leaving it in..I've Nvr used the bags but I can't see it being that difficult..do wat @ShroomKing mentioned with the butter knife and I think u will be golden pal good luck

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Sometimes I would slice them, sometimes I wouldn't. Sometimes I would slice the fabric off completely. It didn't seem to make much of a difference because roots grow through the fabric without any problem. Outdoor plants in fabric pots will root right into the ground if you don't move them around enough.

Top Bottom