Transplant from hydro to soil?

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

I was thinking of taking my plants ill be harvesting and trying to reveg them, and then plan them outside(theyd prob rebound around march, perfect timing). I never heard of transplanting from hydro to soil though and have a feeling they wont survive it.

opinions?

sky high

sky high

They may survive.... but IMO....all of the energy it takes to veg/flower/re-veg/flower again will severely limit your take in the end. I bow to others if they have had differing results, but in years past when I tried to reveg stuff (not outdoors though) it just never reached the potential the first cycle did. In the end i think you will take up as much time/effot and space fuckin with the old plants as you will just rebootin and starting anew.

hopefully others will chime in cus it's a great question and i'd love to know if anyone has truly been successful doin' it.

good luck however ya roll

s h

drunknbass

drunknbass

They may survive.... but IMO....all of the energy it takes to veg/flower/re-veg/flower again will severely limit your take in the end. I bow to others if they have had differing results, but in years past when I tried to reveg stuff (not outdoors though) it just never reached the potential the first cycle did. In the end i think you will take up as much time/effot and space fuckin with the old plants as you will just rebootin and starting anew.

hopefully others will chime in cus it's a great question and i'd love to know if anyone has truly been successful doin' it.

good luck however ya roll

s h

yea thats kinda what ive been hearing. i wonder if a better idea would be to chop it down to little nubs so its small enough to fit in my veg chamber and try and grow it there and see how it does, but even then its kind of a waste of effort.
i figured if it was going in the trash i could try and move it outside as an experiment, but it wont work without some effort in the transplant and that effort might be too much to make it worth while. maybe if it was already soil itd make more sense.

sky high

sky high

Revegging and taking clones might be a far more solid option if you love the plant we are talking about and ya wanna keep it goin/etc....

Clones will (IMO) do better than revegged plants.

again...good luck

s h

drunknbass

drunknbass

Revegging and taking clones might be a far more solid option if you love the plant we are talking about and ya wanna keep it goin/etc....

Clones will (IMO) do better than revegged plants.

again...good luck

s h
yea, i only got one clone off of the plant and they are far into flowering now.(wk4) and looking really frosty. i took a few clones last night off the lower branches so hopefully they take, if not all i have is the one i got a few weeks ago which i think was off the weaker one. :banana1sv6:

N

NHarmsway

I have done it aa few times worked ok just keep sill pretty wet at first ...

H

homer

I can't speak for re-vegging a plant that is more then three weeks in but I have transplanted a hydro plant to soil. It will definitively shock them. And it will take some time before vigorous growth resumes but they should definitively survive (at least a plant in veg will survive).

Top Bottom