Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 2 times

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you know the brand of the 2 gallon fabric pots? I basically do the same sizes and process but I have never been able to get a plant out of fabric without cutting it apart.

They make fabric transplant pots with Velcro. I will look them up.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I used these. It helps to start rolling them down at the handles. They are 247 garden fabric pots off Amazon. I posted link but think I posted wrong one.

But those transplant pots that @MIMedGrower posted look pretty sweet

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I just used the one and done method this grow. The clones went into a 3 gal. plastic pot. My next grow will start from seeds and I plan to try the solo cup, one gal pot, then either a 3 or 5 gal. depending how this run turns out. I was reassured multiple times that the 3 gal. would be sufficient. I'll know more when I'm done and after checking the root ball after harvest.
3 to 4 gall pots will serve your needs just fine. You have been told correctly.

3 balls

3 balls

I just picked up some Mykos after hearing it's praises from @Monster762 and a couple others. Between the instructions and some videos on their site (hoping I don't need their Azos or Scrotos or other stuff), and it didn't get the WP wettable, my application method will be: 1. Out of the TurboKlone, sprinkle directly onto the bare roots and pot. 2. When transplanting up each time, I'm thinking of using a squirt bottle with RO water and misting the root ball then rolling in the Mykos and potting. No rocket science here but let me know if I'm missing the boat on anything.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I start in beer cups and then into 1 gallon or so containers of coco when they are a few weeks old. I buy into the smaller pots with frequent feedings idea.

3 balls

3 balls

@xavier7995 Just say no to ruderalis and fem seeds.

I'm curious why you say that? I'm familiar with Ruderalis, and feminized seeds seem fairly common. Do they wreak some kind of havoc or just an old school thing or?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Tbh, its mostly just an old line. I personally dont grow them, but they have come a long way and i am all for people growing what they want, both have uses. I just prefer regular old plants. I like to pollen chuck and don't want to reverse whatever, as such i want males in the line. I also like to clone plants i like so i kick autos out for that reason.

3 balls

3 balls

Right on, I just always saw that on your posts and finally decided to ask. I was once told that quality seeds were regular only, but that came from a seed vendor trying to sell me regular seeds so I didn't deposit it in my fact bank.;)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
There is another benefit of uppotting. Especially for newer growers. The infusion of fresh soil (grow medium) often helps fix deficiencies they are sometimes ill equipped to deal with.

Which is one of the reasons why I made such a design.

It won’t fix everything and it might not be for everyone but for new growers it might just get them over the hump and into growing their own.

Not to mention the messy cleanup associated and time it takes to uppot the way we’ve been doing it all these years. And I’m all for convenience and time savers in the garden.

I will be printing multiple prototypes this weekend and will have some to use in my next grow diary to show them in action and might have a few extra to circulate for feedback.

It’ll be interesting either way.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Right on, I just always saw that on your posts and finally decided to ask. I was once told that quality seeds were regular only, but that came from a seed vendor trying to sell me regular seeds so I didn't deposit it in my fact bank.;)

It did hold true for a while, but yeah, that dude probably just wanted you to buy seeds...though i do support the idea that regulars are slightly superior on average, i got zero way to back that up. The first autos that came out sucked and fems were real hit or miss, not really the case anymore and there are lots of nice looking options. I am much more positive toward fem seeds than autos, not being able to easily clone a keeper is a deal breaker for me.

3 balls

3 balls

@JWM2 If I had any damn money I'd invest! Every election I have to worry how much lower prices will go, where you get a couple more states worth of customers. I would definitely stick to your guns bro, making it turnkey for your average dude is pretty brilliant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom