Transplant Shock help beginning grower

• Thread starter StonedCharlie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedCharlie

Hello everyone! I’m a new grower here. This is my little one grown from a seed, had a bit of stunted growth during the seedling stage but it’s beginning to grow out. two days ago I transplanted the plant into a 5 gallon container. Some of the root system was disrupted however I applied root hormone with distilled water to help it recover. I’ve noticed it’s somewhat recovering as there’s new leaves appearing along the branch however I also noticed some of the leaves lower down are starting to develop discolored tips. (I’ll have better photos of those later on) just wondering what the best steps I should take moving forward. as I mentioned the seedling stage was stunted a bit because it was in a pot that was too big for a seed to start in. Any advice would be appreciated as well as things I should buy and upgrade on my devices and nutrition/fertilizer.

Transplant shock help beginning grower
Transplant shock help beginning grower 2
S

StonedCharlie

There isn't much you can do aside from watch and wait. It might come out of it, but you should be equally ready to germ more seeds.
The baby girl started to perk back up overnight. moved her from under the grow light and away from the fan seemed to help it overnight. definitely gave it a little too much water as well as hurt the plant system. I’m using Pennington ultragreen root hormone to help reduce transplant shock and I am noticing good results from it as far as new root growth. still, I have a lot to learn. I replanted in Happy Frog Soil, thoughts?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The baby girl started to perk back up overnight. moved her from under the grow light and away from the fan seemed to help it overnight. definitely gave it a little too much water as well as hurt the plant system. I’m using Pennington ultragreen root hormone to help reduce transplant shock and I am noticing good results from it as far as new root growth. still, I have a lot to learn. I replanted in Happy Frog Soil, thoughts?
You're doing about all that can be done.

S

StonedCharlie

She’s looking much better now, however should I be worried that since it’s been stunted for so long about it affecting yield? Truly a random seed from when I picked up didn’t expect it to go so far and even be female. (Two dropping leaves are crimped)

Latest posts

Top Bottom