Transplant shock or too much sun?

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Or possibly both?
I have two photo plants and a GG auto going for outside. I have been having to move inside/outside pretty often because of weather events. The weather has settled down so yesterday I transplanted the two larger plants in the pictures to 10 gal bags. They were in shade outside all day yesterday and I left them out overnight. Today they were in shade all morning. They looked well and perky. This afternoon they have been in full sun but that was introduced naturally from their location outside. They have up until this point tolerated full sun well. Like I said at the start of the post they have been going in and out as weather permitted. By their looks this morning and now presently I am guessing the stress of yesterday’s transplant and the full sun this afternoon has left them in a little shock. It’s 75 degrees out now with a decent breeze. RH outside is around 40%. I’m going to let them ride it out for the rest of the day and see how they look in the morning. I might need to rethink their outside location. They are on north side of house and don’t get full sun until beginning around noon.

So what say you guys about their current appearance? The small one is the GG auto and is fine. Has been on exact same schedule as the larger two in the fabric pots that are drooping.

Transplant shock or too much sun
Transplant shock or too much sun 2
Transplant shock or too much sun 3
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just transplanted my indoor plants and they looked a lil droopy for a day, it's normal transplant shock. I would keep them in the shade for a day or 2 just to help them recover. Make sure the media is fully saturated after a transplant too. Good luck!

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Or possibly both?
I have two photo plants and a GG auto going for outside. I have been having to move inside/outside pretty often because of weather events. The weather has settled down so yesterday I transplanted the two larger plants in the pictures to 10 gal bags. They were in shade outside all day yesterday and I left them out overnight. Today they were in shade all morning. They looked well and perky. This afternoon they have been in full sun but that was introduced naturally from their location outside. They have up until this point tolerated full sun well. Like I said at the start of the post they have been going in and out as weather permitted. By their looks this morning and now presently I am guessing the stress of yesterday’s transplant and the full sun this afternoon has left them in a little shock. It’s 75 degrees out now with a decent breeze. RH outside is around 40%. I’m going to let them ride it out for the rest of the day and see how they look in the morning. I might need to rethink their outside location. They are on north side of house and don’t get full sun until beginning around noon.

So what say you guys about their current appearance? The small one is the GG auto and is fine. Has been on exact same schedule as the larger two in the fabric pots that are drooping.
GG fem get a moisture meter to see if it overwater wilt or under water and have they been hardened off sorry bro they kinda look SHITTY

IMG 20210616 104835
freezeland2

freezeland2

And if you use Mycorrhizal fungi and don't disturb the root ball at all you shouldn't have any transplant shock I don't anyways unless I dirsturb the roots

I didn’t disturb the root ball and yes I know they look shitty right now. It’s why I posted but thanks for the observation.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They don't look that bad. Don't give it water when the leaves are reaching up, wait till they begin to lower.
They don't need water if they are reaching up. When they are running out of water, they will begin to lower.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Freezeland, i would give them a good drenching in the morning, really soak them, thats a thirsty wilt for sure.View attachment 1136278
I did make the soil pretty moist as I mixed it before placing in the fabric pots yesterday morning. I then placed that moist soil in the pots, placed the root ball in and filled around it with more of that moist soil. I then watered over the root ball. They were pretty dry when I transplanted. They could have since dried out since the transplant. It is my first experience with fabric pots and I do know they dry out quicker. I’ll check em too in the morning when I water that GG auto in the plastic 5 gal pot. The plants in the fabric are photos. Both have already showed they are female. One is London pound cake and the other is tropical escape. They were freebies I received from a recent order. I also have a banana hammock auto germinating which will join these outdoors.

Madbud

Madbud

I didn’t see what brand soil but if its heavy in peat, some are 90%, it sucks up water like a sponge. Think about a heavy rain storm, they can take it so long as they get a day or two to dry.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I didn’t see what brand soil but if its heavy in peat, some are 90%, it sucks up water like a sponge. Think about a heavy rain storm, they can take it so long as they get a day or two to dry.
I water mine about 1 once a week in a solo cup size container but I use rapid rooters to start my beans and clones

freezeland2

freezeland2

It’s SOHUM living soil.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They don’t really list the ingredients on the bag, just heavy in perlite and ready to go with just water. Most bags list exact contents, but this looks good just pricy.

It works pretty well whatever they put in it. I checked them after sundown. They looked better but definitely a ways to go to fully recover. I put my hand down in the soil. It’s moist but a bit airy. Soil hasn’t settled fully. The root ball felt on the dry side. I’ll probably water the roots and around it in the morning. The rest of soil would probably runoff. Don’t really want that with this living soil.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They don’t really list the ingredients on the bag, just heavy in perlite and ready to go with just water. Most bags list exact contents, but this looks good just pricy.

From their website. Here is some of the ingredients but not ratio of them. I’m sure there are other ingredients not listed here.

Our living soils are composed of a combination of natural inputs, including macro and micronutrients and a beneficial microbial inoculant. Our living soil mixtures for cannabis include a carefully balanced mix of worm castings, peat moss, feather meal, crab meal, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, langbeinite, and bone meal. These break down as the plant grows to provide continual nourishment of vitamins and minerals to the plant throughout the growing cycle.

Top Bottom