Transplant stress or something else?

• Thread starter JuniorJay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JuniorJay

JuniorJay

Hello Guys, I'm new here and to growing. This is my 2nd attempt at it..

So i have a Sour Secret / LA Amnesia cross that's about 18 days old, Its been growing in pro mix with no nutrients. (Outdoor grow)
A few days ago I decided that it looked ready to be placed in a bigger pot with promix mixed with some dirt, little horse manure, and seaweed, (i would say 1:10 ratio manure to soil.

So i carefully lifted the plant out of the original smaller pot, being careful to to expose the roots and trying my best not to disturb the soil around the plant.
i placed the plant down on some soil while i threw some of the excess from the original pot into the hole in the new pot.
Within a minute or so I observed the plants leaves drooping so i quickly placed in the new pot.

I left it out of direct light for a few hours in hopes that it would get back to normal, however the fan leaves curled up,tips turned brown and got dry to the touch.
the top and lower leaves look green and healthy but the fan leaves in the middle looks damaged.

Did i damage the plant, will it recover?

Transplant stress or something else
Transplant stress or something else 2
Transplant stress or something else 3
Transplant stress or something else 4
Transplant stress or something else 5
JuniorJay

JuniorJay

@DankNugz420 I wasn't sure if i should have, i read conflicting things online.. But i did moisten the soil after the transplant.

JuniorJay

JuniorJay

@growsince79 wow i didnt know that. i did use a bit of it on my last outdoor grow without any trouble. How wise would it be to switch my soil back to just promix?

JuniorJay

JuniorJay

@growsince79 wow i didnt know that. i did use a bit of it on my last outdoor grow without any trouble. How wise would it be to switch my soil back to just promix?
also, the leaves were curling before i actually put it back in soil. Couldn't have been more than a minute

growsince79

growsince79

also, the leaves were curling before i actually put it back in soil. Couldn't have been more than a minute
Idk. 50 years ago grampa told dad not to put hose manure in the garden because it's too hot. Dad did it anyway and ruined it. Since then, I've seen several other gardens ruined from horse shit.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
There are only a few manures that can be used directly. Most need to be composted and broken down to be used properly, as there are toxic amounts of N in it for plants.

JuniorJay

JuniorJay

There are only a few manures that can be used directly. Most need to be composted and broken down to be used properly, as there are toxic amounts of N in it for plants.
Its cured and mixed with sawdust and sand.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
An old hippie friend of mine says that it's one of the best for mushroom cultivation.🍄
And trust me, he knows a thing or 2🙃😆

JuniorJay

JuniorJay

Does my case look like typical transplant stress, and should i be concerned at this point based on the condition of the plant?

growsince79

growsince79

Does my case look like typical transplant stress, and should i be concerned at this point based on the condition of the plant?
Why would you plant be stressed? Did you mess up the roots during transplant? When done right, there should be no stress/ shock.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
It looks like the new growth is doing well and didn't burn or curl. Is there any other issue than the few older fan leaves with burnt tips? If stressed bad or nute burn from manure, it would affect more of the plant than I see.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I wondered if maybe the manure was too harsh for it but I've never used manure so I dunno lol

JuniorJay

JuniorJay

It looks like the new growth is doing well and didn't burn or curl. Is there any other issue than the few older fan leaves with burnt tips? If stressed bad or nute burn from manure, it would affect more of the plant than I see.
There is no other issue, the top leaves looks healthy,
Why would you plant be stressed? Did you mess up the roots during transplant? When done right, there should be no stress/ shock.
idk, I took it out the dirt, didnt expose any roots, at least i dont think so, and transplanted it. within a minute or less.

Top Bottom