Transplanting Form Dirt To Hydro?

• Thread starter akjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akjoe

akjoe

I have a friend giving me plants in dirt and I want to put them in my hydro system I have done it before but the plants were in cups these plants are in 6" pots and my hydro are 10" will this work ?

T

thatguytom

I don't know if exactly the proper way but I do know it works for me but take to a dark room and with a ph tub full of water bout 70* I use take the pot flip upside down over hanhating dump access soil and dip untill cleaned up have a rockwool cube ready phd because it not adjust already and don't squeeze them even though it's really tempting..well for me atleast then slit a side open to push thorough above beginning of roots put I'm net pot and cover with grow rocks or what ever you prefer but there a 1000 ways to do 10 different things this way works for me

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

I have a friend giving me plants in dirt and I want to put them in my hydro system I have done it before but the plants were in cups these plants are in 6" pots and my hydro are 10" will this work ?
actually just was gifted with some ladies in coco...a bit messy compared to the hydroton system...so I went to the grow store and found some plant covers used for outdoor growing made of fine mesh to keep bugs and pests away. I tried to disturb the root zone as little as possible while shaking off as much coco as I could...cut and placed the mesh netting in the bottom pot, then placed the plant in the top pot and equally filling with clean hydroton. All the plants popped into the system have responded well with little/no coco runoff in the rez or huge Ph change.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I have done this for years now I grow all of my clones in one gal soil pots once they reach their limit I just take them out of the pots shake the dirt off gently by just using my hands as a cages and vibrating vigorously but without squeeze the roots then I just put the root ball mid hydroton and fill in with more has a small shock effect takes about three days to start showing growth but never shows droop or extreme stress give me a sec I will go do one now and post some pics for you

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

The whole thing took about two minutes
20150612 153401
20150612 153415
20150612 153448
20150612 153738

Top Bottom