Transplanting from bubble cloner into coco

• Thread starter DEVGRU_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DEVGRU_420

DEVGRU_420

When transplanting into coco from a bubble cloner do yall like to wet the coco with your nutrient solution and then add the clone into the coco? Or do you transplant the clone into the coco then water the clone in? Thanks dudes!!

L

Lifted1

i havnt had to great of luck with either aero or bubble cloners personally. they always work great in the beginning and then it turns into a bunch of work or problems. I like grodan 1.5" rockwool cubes. the ones with the paper wrapping. they come 45 to a pack and are cheap. you can label the cubes with sharpie before you soak them. the wapping holds moisture so when you place them in a humidity dome they get 4-5 days til you dunk them again. the size is good as they are not to top heavy but if they do tip easy its like an emergency warning that your about to lose your cuts because they are to dry. i like to pre soak the cubes in a bucket of PH'd water with a weak nutrient solution(300ppm) and dip the fresh cut clone in a rooting hormone prior to poking it in the cube. i do not usually use the hole in the cube unless its a huge cutting from top of plant but its seldom. i like to stick the cut straight into the cube next to the hole and then make sure the cube is "tucked" in all the way around the cutting/stem. i crush the hole in towards the cut so the random gnat doesnt make a new home and it seals up tight around the stem. this is where a lot of newbies fail. you dont want air getting down the stem drying it out. this is why i dont use the hole. you also need a humidity dome. or to mist the plant frequently in the beginning. the dome helps not having to mist so much and just overall speeds up the process.

either way you decide to clone i woud still use the below method. but everyone seems to have what works best for their own style.

id prolly mix and store dry a "clone/starter" medium of 25/75 pro mix/coco in a container as a "starter" mix.

i'd use a 300-350ppm nutrient solution to start off with.

i'd then fill red solo cup (or whatever # your going to make) 1/3 full and then place your rooted clone on top of that while you fill up around it. I would then feed it but only enough to moisten the medium, not saturate/water log it. you want the roots to "chase into it" seeking growth/space/nutrients. In my experience even saturating 100% coco has been to much at this stage of growth. i would hand feed them as needed keeping the medium around 40% saturated if that makes sense and even not worry if the top appears dry. i know, i know.....its coco and its supposed to be weeeeeeet. but this is not a fully rooted mature plant in a small pot YET. right now you want a healthy blasting off vigorous grower to establish a great root mass. once you start seeing good healthy growth AND root growth, give it a few more days and then up pot to a 4x6 container and now you can keep it more saturated/fed.

its easy to visualize this progress to get the hang of the timing. get a clear cup for your first few rooted clones and place it inside the red solo cups. now you will be able to pull it out and see the root growth, etc.

id still foliar mist with a light feed solution whenever you feel like it.

if at some point you decide to give the cubes a try, its pretty much the same except

fill the red solo cups 1/3 with the starter mix. then moisten the starter mix in all the cups first to give it time to evenly spreak/soak out. no runoff though. Your not trying to soak the cups/medium. let it absorb/"slake" the bottom of the cups. set your rooted cube on top of this. fill the cup up leaving an inch from top, and then moisten it lightly again. a ot of people over water. especially in the beginning when the root mass is small.

best of luck

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Not a coco fan. But if this helps . To soil from hydro. Take clone out of the cloner rooted clone . Put clone into soil . Water with nutrients and coco . For coco i have to say its the same or you will get a hot dose of nutrients onto the roots

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I love my bubble cloner and rarely have any failures as long as I wash it regularly.

I put the clones in dry Coco and add 25% nutrient solution. Ive done it by watering the coco first , but the dry way is a little less messy since the dry Coco doesn't stick to your fingers as much

Top Bottom