Transplanting! From Soil to Coco Coir

• Thread starter JayWide85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JayWide85

Hello, so I’m new to growing in coco coir and have a FloraFlex setup with 1 gal. QuickFill bags. This is my very first run using this system And coco coir in general. I also work ALOT at my full time job. So it’s hard when they are brand new seedlings (5-14 days) to know when to feed them and how much to feed them in coco coir. So my plan was to start seeds in soil in solo cups, and after the seedlings start to finish the nutrients in the solo cups I can transplant them into coco coir. And at that point I’d know it was safe to feed them pretty normal amount on schedule. But whenever I check online there aren’t many videos about people doing this. I thought it was the most genius thing I’ve ever thought of!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

I would Use a small jiffy instead. Soil ph range is different than coco and you will end up with issues. Wait till the roots come out of the jiffy then transplant to propagation pot. Always water around the jiffy when you transplant to promote side root growth. I am starting seeds right now and I am putting all step by step in my diary if ever you’re interested. Will actually transfer to jiffy tonight if the root is long enough. I would start my seeds in a paper towel too much better chance of success. Good luck buddy and let me know how it goes!

416grow

416grow

Hello,
I was just reading your post about starting clones or seeds in soil and transplant into Coco coir how did that work out for you?
I have 6 older clones in soil and want to transplant them into Coco coir & perlite I have never grown in soil and I have the Coco coir & perlite already here I just want to know if that small amount of soil cause any problems down the line?

Thanks

416grow

416grow

Hello,
I was just reading your post about starting clones or seeds in soil and transplant into Coco coir how did that work out for you?
I have 6 older clones in soil and want to transplant them into Coco coir & perlite I have never grown in soil and I have the Coco coir & perlite already here I just want to know if that small amount of soil cause any problems down the line?

Thanks
Here is a photo it's just a small amount of soil but just not sure if it will be problematic down the road
20220727 132245

Latest posts

Top Bottom