transplanting mistake and overwatering

• Thread starter TooShort215CA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TooShort215CA

a few days ago i noticed my Auto AK47 was getting droopy, but i didnt think much of it because my Blue Himalayan Diesel was fine and they both had the same serving of water. i later found out via google search that my AK was overwatered. i didnt know what to do or if the plant is already done for.

today i transplanted both of them from red party cups to a decent size pot (nothing too big because this is a stealth grow) and my Blue Himalayan Diesels root broke during the transplant (the damn thing was touching the bottom of the cup) now i feel my first time grow has gone completely sour and i dont want to re-germ these strains because im holding onto a hope that they will be alright (gulp!). i just have a couple of questions for anybody who has encountered these problems
1) how do i save my drowned Auto AK, and
2) will my Blue Him Diesel survive a broken root, if so, how will i tend to my BHD?;(

click80

click80

a few days ago i noticed my Auto AK47 was getting droopy, but i didnt think much of it because my Blue Himalayan Diesel was fine and they both had the same serving of water. i later found out via google search that my AK was overwatered. i didnt know what to do or if the plant is already done for.

today i transplanted both of them from red party cups to a decent size pot (nothing too big because this is a stealth grow) and my Blue Himalayan Diesels root broke during the transplant (the damn thing was touching the bottom of the cup) now i feel my first time grow has gone completely sour and i dont want to re-germ these strains because im holding onto a hope that they will be alright (gulp!). i just have a couple of questions for anybody who has encountered these problems
1) how do i save my drowned Auto AK, and
2) will my Blue Him Diesel survive a broken root, if so, how will i tend to my BHD?;(

I think I would first of all tent it however you can like you would a fresh cut clone...that would allow it to redirect energy from transpiration into recovering from the injury....don't water until absolutely necessary, this will force some new root growth hopefully...in other words treat it like a clone....don't give up on them too soon, I have had some plants show amazing recoveries after I thought they were done for....

oh, I would get it under a gentle light...preferably an old school floro...T5s can be a little harsher I have heard. I do all my clones under t12s and they def do better than under t5s or t8s...

maybe foliar with a very mild kelp might give it a boost.

T

TooShort215CA

I think I would first of all tent it however you can like you would a fresh cut clone...that would allow it to redirect energy from transpiration into recovering from the injury....don't water until absolutely necessary, this will force some new root growth hopefully...in other words treat it like a clone....don't give up on them too soon, I have had some plants show amazing recoveries after I thought they were done for....

oh, I would get it under a gentle light...preferably an old school floro...T5s can be a little harsher I have heard. I do all my clones under t12s and they def do better than under t5s or t8s...

maybe foliar with a very mild kelp might give it a boost.

thanks for the information. ill try tenting her for sure. ive also heard that Hydrogen Peroxide is good for a plant that has been overwatered because the solution transfers oxygen to the plant pretty fast, though i am not sure to try it because it sound a little drastic to use a chemical like that on my girls. i'll look into T12's seeing that my T8 fixture handles those bulbs also. i shoulda posted this topic into the cannabis infirmary, but i was desperate for help with this 'problem'. cant figure how to move this post into the cannabis infirmary. thanks again.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Those two strains are ruderalis from STITCH, so cloning isn´t an option. With age-determinant plants, as opposed to photoperiod-determinant plants, your grow can have no problems at all if you want good results. You´ve likely already done irreversible damage to your grow.

Your only hope is to pour on as much light as possible. Get those girls charged up and vigorous and you may yet be able to produce an acceptable harvest. Giving them less light will only slow your grow and futher hamper your future.

Add pumice, perlite, or vermeculite to your medium to alleviate your overwating problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom