Transplanting my auto into new soil

• Thread starter ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ironside

ironside

Hi guys,

You may have seen a post I recently made about an issue I had with my plants leaves and some people commented on my soil saying that I should use better quality soil and perlite.
I am in the UK so some of the recommended brands are unavailable to me so I decided on biobizz all mix. Do people think that this is an acceptable quality of soil and share experiences with it?
Also I'd really appreciate any advice for actually transplanting my plant.
It's current in a 12 inch pot. I want to stress it out as little as possible so what's the best way to so this? It will be going into to an identical pot but with the new soil.

Thanks

Billymgb

Billymgb

Just be careful and put about 1/3 new soil in new put the plant in between your middle and ring finger and flip upside down tap around the outside of pot to help release the the soil and plant. Then set the plant in new pot if it is setting to low take it back out and fill some more new soil under the plant then just fill it in with new soil and feed good, water and watch grow!!!!! There is a product that helps reduce transplant shock check with plant stores. Good luck brother,

ironside

ironside

Just be careful and put about 1/3 new soil in new put the plant in between your middle and ring finger and flip upside down tap around the outside of pot to help release the the soil and plant. Then set the plant in new pot if it is setting to low take it back out and fill some more new soil under the plant then just fill it in with new soil and feed good, water and watch grow!!!!! There is a product that helps reduce transplant shock check with plant stores. Good luck brother,

Yeah I am a bit unsure about how is best to do it because it is in a large pot so there is a lot of soil. I'm not sure how big or deep the roots are so it's not the case of just taking a plant from a small pot and placing it into a bigger pot. The new pot will be the same size. Plus the plant has grown a fair bit

ironside

ironside

I also forgot to mention that it is 23 days old from seed.

ironside

ironside

You need to put it in a bigger pot. Not the same size unless the roots haven’t grown.

Realistically speaking I can't, the current pot takes up a lot of the current surface space.
This is why ideally I would have opted not to transplant as it's in its desired final pot.

Billymgb

Billymgb

How many liters or gallons are your pots. When I grow autos I never trans plant. I start in a 3 or 7 gallon and finish in what I started in. Depends on how many plants I want to grow.

ironside

ironside

How many liters or gallons are your pots. When I grow autos I never trans plant. I start in a 3 or 7 gallon and finish in what I started in. Depends on how many plants I want to grow.

I've done a few grows, always auto. I was always under the impression to start then in the same pot as you'd finish in so you don't transplant.
I'm not sure what volume it holds, it's 12 inches wide and approximately the same depth

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I've done a few grows, always auto. I was always under the impression to start then in the same pot as you'd finish in so you don't transplant.
I'm not sure what volume it holds, it's 12 inches wide and approximately the same depth
Yeah normally you shouldn’t transplant autos but sometimes you have no other choice. If you don’t transplant into a bigger pot you won’t be able to fill it with new soil.

ironside

ironside

Yeah normally you shouldn’t transplant autos but sometimes you have no other choice. If you don’t transplant into a bigger pot you won’t be able to fill it with new soil.
My thoughts exactly, but I can't get a bigger one in the area really.
So with that said what so you think? Ride it out?
Someone even suggested kind of digging around it but I'm not comfortable with that because I'm pretty sure it will damage it.

Last edited:
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

My thoughts exactly, but I can't get a bigger one in the area really.
So with that said what so you think? Ride it out?
Someone even suggested kind of digging around it but I'm not comfortable with that because I'm pretty sure it will damage it.
It could definitely damage it. Maybe cull the plants that are the worst off? That would free up some space. It’s drastic but it’s the only other option to up pot em.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Oh shit. Ok lol.
Well then the only other thing you can do it ride it out. Just water less frequently and wait till the pot is light. Like real light. That way your plant can tell you when it needs more water.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would at least try the method of that guy that said to cut around the plant. It’s worth a shot.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Aprox 2 1/2 gallons - I used to run nothin but autos - transplanted all the time !
it my not be optimal but it will work and I really feel it’s the right thing to do mayb you will sacrifice a little yield but I bet ya still do between 1-2 zips dried ! You gonna be alright

Moshmen

Moshmen

Don’t cut into there soil !!! That’s the part that will slow down the autos!

Top Bottom