Transplanting Seedlings From Soil Bed/tray Please Help

• Thread starter herbmonger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
herbmonger

herbmonger

Hey guys, need a hand here. Made another newbie mistake. I received a small seedling humidity tray in the mail; very very small. I thought it would be bigger.. So I used the drainage tray as a small soil bed for some seedlings that I weren't even sure were going to sprout.

So here I am scratching my head as to how to transplant these guys (obviously with some finesse) I figure I will have a buddy hold the tray by the topsoil, up side down as i gently squeeze out the soil and try to separate the little guys one by one.

Any tips greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Gc seedlings day 15jpg
nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Hey guys, need a hand here. Made another newbie mistake. I received a small seedling humidity tray in the mail; very very small. I thought it would be bigger.. So I used the drainage tray as a small soil bed for some seedlings that I weren't even sure were going to sprout.

So here I am scratching my head as to how to transplant these guys (obviously with some finesse) I figure I will have a buddy hold the tray by the topsoil, up side down as i gently squeeze out the soil and try to separate the little guys one by one.

Any tips greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

cut around each sqaure / plant like brownies... I think I see 7 seedlings, so each one and just take them out and replant. Simple.

herbmonger

herbmonger

Thanks guys I actually did a little of both and it went very smoothly compared to how it could've been. I cut the trey in half, emptied the loose top soil and gently untangled each seedlings. Phew, it's finally over. Time transplant the bigger girls into 3 gal fabric pots.

Do you guys transplant first or top first?

hiboy

hiboy

Thanks guys I actually did a little of both and it went very smoothly compared to how it could've been. I cut the trey in half, emptied the loose top soil and gently untangled each seedlings. Phew, it's finally over. Time transplant the bigger girls into 3 gal fabric pots.

Do you guys transplant first or top first?
What size are your babies in now
I would not go straight into a 3 gallon pot from babies I would put them in a 1 gallon let them get about a foot tall at least top them and then move them to a 3 gallon
Hb

hiboy

hiboy

Another rookie mistake is adding too much nutrients if you are feeding them and have a tester you only need about 100 to 300 ppm's for the next month
Hb

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

just put enough luke warm ph'd water into that test so it slurries. then they should be able to be gently eased out.
those are quite the sexy gloves you got there... Hands that have never seen labor?

Top Bottom