Trash to stash dont throw away your bad crop!

• Thread starter DonHaze91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i see lots of people trashing crops that have not turned out 100% and it hurts my soul. i have saved people tons by making their non-vendable crop in to something special. just remember that the resin is all contained within the trichome heads, so you can salvage a bad crop that still has good resin by isolating the trichomes. Ice water/bubble hash has beeen around forever and im not sure why more people dont know about this. with the proper methods you can isolate the trichomes off the plant and remove any contaminants. now i wouldnt reccomend this for people with comprimised immune system as im sure there is still a small chance of contamination but i have made countelss batches of extremely high quality bubble hash from something that would have been thrown in the garbage otherwise. bugs and mold dont live inside the trichomes, and if they are not compromising to the point of harming the resin production it might even be a good idea to finish crops that have bug or mold problems so long as it wont spread and the plants can still finish. I would rather have twice as much resin covered in mould than some clean under-developed resin because we know it can be washed. Even if you have to harvest early the crop is not trash, you can make an early harvest extract that contains higher amounts of CBG which im sure can be more usefull for some people. so please. so if youre ever considering throwing a crop in the trash, throw it in my trash please.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I cant tell you how many crops I've seen turned into hash because of PM or Mites or other minor disasters. Never been seen as a big deal here, just keep the smallest bag at 45 micron to be safe and wash the heads well in the bag with plenty of very cold running water. Any mildew or spores will be rinsed away. Very important to keep it all extremely cold though or the sticky resin will get mold and spores stuck to it. It's a strictly winter project around here when it happens. I've seen multiple kilo orders of hash sent back east that were made that way.
And I've smoked plenty of it myself. Not a big deal if care is taken doing it very cold.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But the extracts from poorly grown or sick plants is also sub par.

I have smoked many crappy weak dabs here from “saved” crops. My flowers are more potent feeling. As long as they are grown well and harvested properly.

Early cut weed in any form is trash in my opinion.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

As long as you filter it thru a 2um filter will stop spores. If not, roll da dice and take chances.

Top Bottom