TREE growers...pruning unders question

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I know cutting anything off a plant after the first coupla weeks of flower can cause hermi stress.

I fucked up and let some get WAY to big. I need to trim some unders to get some air flow and... because the are wilting from lack of light. Its putting too much dead plant matter hanging off the plants.

On a big ass plant.....can you trim a few under branches without it stressing them like it would a little plant?

Space Cab

Space Cab

Yes, have cut off all the under on a plant at day 20 , only problem was should have cut more

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Middle of week 3....

They need it bad. I hit a few of the worst ones last night. I am hoping they are so damn big that it just doesn't stress the plant.

Does that make sense?...or wishful thinking?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think it makes sense, cutting off 10 branches from a big 6' plant would be something like 2 % off the plant but doin it to a small 8" plant would be like 30%. So IMO the bigger the plant the more it can take without being stressed as easily.

K

kushtrees

I try and have all the bottoms/ middles of my trees trimmed up by day 21. I'd say trim it off it's soon enough to where ull only loose a day or so of growth if you do It all at once. If you can do it gradually over a few days. I also trim any huge blocking fans and try and trim about 10 inches off all branches from the middle (10 inches from main stem out wards) helps with air flow and larf. With trees IMO its better to get rid of a lOt of the middle and bottoms otherwise you get a lot of larf and that takes away from the multiple tops you should be aiming for

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

trim to win every time. big bushes should always be hollowed out.

you may have to spend a little more time supporting branches after trimming a plant that has been let go for a while. all those branches, big and small, help the plant balance. sometimes this disrupts that balance and they may need a little help to get dialed back in. especially with some big ass tops!

cap that haircut still cracks me up every time i see it. sad thing is it looks like someone i know...

Abek666

Abek666

In my little opinion cut useless undergrowth out asap and trim light blocking fan leaves from the plant after the
stretch and then 10 days before harvest again cause after stretch they are more resistant to stress then in the stretch but as a warning this will delay the flowering time 3-7 days keep this in mind when trying this out. I hope you really have a good success with your garden and wish you good luck^^

N

noone88

Have you thought of doing vertical lights?

My plants regularly get to 5-6' tall, but I put 6-8 soil plants (7 gal containers) around a 1k watt bulb.

Top Bottom