Tree layout for 6 lights?

• Thread starter twist1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
twist1

twist1

Hello all.

I was looking for some direction on the best way to configure a 10x14 room with 6 lights, each are 1kw.

Thanks!! I appreciate your input.

twist1

twist1

Oh sorry... more details. I am going vertical bare bulb in this room.

In the room next to this one, I will be doing a comparison using double stacked bare bulbs in a cylinder.

Both rooms will be RDWC.

TY!

Last edited:
twist1

twist1

Would this be an ideal scenario:
Untitled drawing

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hello all.

I was looking for some direction on the best way to configure a 10x14 room with 6 lights, each are 1kw.

Thanks!! I appreciate your input.
Have you looked at any of @Widowmaker 's cad layouts? You can find them in the tree section in old DD's MPB threads. I would think with 6 lights you could do something like this.

X= plant
0= light

X X X X
0 0 0
X X X X
0 0 0
X X X X

The only problem I have with layouts like that is that the inner trees wind up getting a lot more light than the outer trees. While you can prune the outer ones to reduce your amount of larf, it doesn't change the fact that the inner ones will have a much higher nutrient requirement than the outer ones will.

5 lights or 8 lights seems to work a bit better with light being more evenly dispersed. You could also do something like this.

0 0 0
X X
0 0 0

Like I said....check out some of the old MPB threads for different layout idea's. There are a million ways to skin a cat.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Would this be an ideal scenario:
View attachment 435897

The only issue I see with that layout is that you have 2 plants surrounded by 4 lights and 6 plants that are only getting 2. You can imagine that their nutrient uptake will be a lot different. I've never run rdwc before though....so I may be off....but I would think that the inner plants would suffer from not enough nutes....or vice versa that if you fed high enough for the inner plants to keep up, the outer ones would be getting too much.

J

Jalisco Kid

Thats 42w/sq' , I run 80w/sq'. You can just use this type of a run as a learning experience. Just use the funtickets from that crop to buy more light and cooling. JK

twist1

twist1

@Jalisco Kid , "Funtickets"..... Love it:)

This room has a 4 ton AC in it. Am I correct in assuming that I can have up to 10 x's 1kw in there?

Which way would suggest to utilize the lights better?

@CelticEBE , it seems like all of Widowmaker's old drawings are out of the system. His attachments are no longer there:(

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

7 plant 8 light 50 inch
@Jalisco Kid , "Funtickets"..... Love it:)

This room has a 4 ton AC in it. Am I correct in assuming that I can have up to 10 x's 1kw in there?

Which way would suggest to utilize the lights better?

@CelticEBE , it seems like all of Widowmaker's old drawings are out of the system. His attachments are no longer there:(
Most are gone....but there are still some lurking about. This is what I used for my vert rooms.

J

Jalisco Kid

I like intensity and good herb more then a lot of herb. If you are to grow some serious trees I would double stack your lights,shape the plant from the start so all branches head for just one side of the plant(all growth on 180*). JK

I use 6k btu/1k light in my designs.

twist1

twist1

Hello again!

I just went to the basement and did an inventory of what I have. Sorry for my confusion, it turns out that I have a few different pieces of equipment than I thought I had. I bought this shit about a year ago, and have been continuously delayed trying to find the "funtickets" to complete the build out.

Here's what I do have for this room:
6 x's Ballasts (Solis Tek Matrix)
2 x's Splitters
4 x's 1,000w HPS
4 x's 600w HPS

After the 600's are split, they will put out about 525w each. They are in the corners and only hitting two plants each.

With that in mind, I will kind of follow the illustration that you (@CelticEBE ) posted above. Only difference now is that I have the 2 splitters and will be putting 600's in the corners. Does this look about right:
Bloom 2B 1

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The only issue I see with that setup would be what I mentioned above about the plants getting different amounts of light. This is what you have going on.

Center plant is surrounded by 4000 watts
4 plants are surrounded by 2600 watts
2 plants are surrounded by 2200 watts

I know this may seem counter intuitive......and hell I could be completely off base with this.......but what if you did the opposite and put the 600's as the inner 4 and the 1000's as the outer? You would wind up with a more balanced light per plant.

Center plant is surrounded by 2400 watts
4 plants are surrounded by 2200 watts
2 plants are surrounded by 2600 watts

You could always put a few small plants in the corners in coco to help offset the light loss as well. In my setup I actually have 2 plants in each corner because I hate the idea of wasting that light.

Or you could set everything to 750 watts.......if you have 8 adjustable ballasts. This would give you 6000 watts total and the most even coverage.

Center plant is surrounded by 3000 watts
6 plants are surrounded by 2250 watts

Like I said. I could be way off base with this, but about a year and half ago I was set up where I had a center plant surrounded by 4000 watts and everything else was getting hit with 2000 watts and the center plant suffered big time. I could only feed as heavy as the plants getting hit with 2000 watts would allow, and the center one wound up seriously underfed.

Last edited:
deacon1503

deacon1503

6 1k 1k 6
X X X
6 1k 1k 6
X X X
6 1k 1k 6

Mix both HPS and MH bulbs not dual arcs.

This could be good.

Top Bottom