Trench growing

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

im guna try a new setup outside this time around.....
neighbors are close and last fall stunkkkkkkkk
dig like a 10x5 foot hole that is like five feet deep
slope it on the sides to make sure that it gets light all around
throw a A-frame over the top and greenhouse it
any thoughts are welcome, im guna go start digging and ill get pics up in the next weeks or so

Blaze

Blaze

Trenches can work great, but digging them 5' deep is a waste of time and money. Cannabis is an annual, it does not put down deep roots, but wide, shallow roots. You can easily get big plants in as little depth as 12"-18" of soil. In my opinion, anything deeper than 2'-3' (even 3' is pushing it) is not needed and will not get you bigger plants or a higher yield.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

im leaving them in smartpots
im just doing the trench to make it harder to spot by the neighbors and im thinking it might help keep things cool

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

and im also going to use a moving roof system so i can flower whenever its called for

Blaze

Blaze

im leaving them in smartpots
im just doing the trench to make it harder to spot by the neighbors and im thinking it might help keep things cool

Oh, hah OK I misunderstood. Yes, the trench will keep them cool, and smart pots are a good way to grow. The work much better than the old school plastic pots from what I have seen

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Sounds like a good idea to me. Probably gonna be a pain in the ass and obviously alot of work. I don know wlhow much its gonna cut down on smell though. Let me how how this goes for you.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep for sure
got 3 skunk #1 teens gifted to me from a friend
assuming i dont kill them in the transplant to soil theyre going to be beauties

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Just get a few dead skunks and throw one out front ever once in while. kidding

N

naturehd

honey suckle vines are great fro odor outside from my exp. thye reak adn the smell travels plus its a nice treat when ya go check them out.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

think im going to open a skunk farm
actually that might actually piss my neighbors off more

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

You should plant some cover plants for "smell" if that's the main problem,maybe some lavender and rosemary bushes and a jasmine plant which give of smell from there flowers at night!!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yea had all sorts of bushes in the back yard last year but i had 8 plants that averaged 3.5 each
stunk 3 houses down lol
probaly not going to run a full line of advanced nutrients outside this year, that dam bud candy

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

n its not the main problem, i just kinda figured it would be reduced b/c of the reduced air flow lvls from it being underground
i have them in coco right now, im guna leave it for a few days and see if its cool enuf to throw up a rez and a drip
just fill the bottom of the thing like 2 ft deep in coco

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I guess it all really depends on how close your neighbors are and where your planting them in relation to that!! I wish I could plant in my ground,But I can can only get one or two small ones in the ground as I'm surrounded buy my neighbors on all sides ,but am really cool with the one right next to me and break him off,so were cool,so I place mine in containers closer to that side of my property,so any down wind usually hits him a bit and not much further,plus he smokes and the guys next to him know it which adds to my cover as well as many other plants.Don't think theres too much else you can do other than that to help with the smell!!

Blaze

Blaze

Reduced air flow is bad. Really, really bad. You will be far more likely to have mold and mildew problems. You don't want your plants whipping around in the wind, but if they are in a spot with no air flow at all you will have issues during flowering.

Also planting other herbs and what not to reduce the smell really does not work. For example, most lavenders bloom early to mid summer, way before your buds will start to smell. The same is true with Jasmine - most cultivars blooms in the spring or early summer. Few pungent herbs will bloom at the right time, and even if they do, the will usually not stink nearly as much as a cannabis plant and do a pretty poor job of masking the smell.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep im doing all this right next to my old hot tub slab so i have power out there already
have space heaters and two box fans that are getting thrown up once the greenhouse cover gets thrown up

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Did you consider the strain you are growing might be just a little too stinky? I think the idea is pretty cool but if you are doing it so if someone looks over your backyard and they dont see it? The stench would almost defeat the purpose of going through the trouble. Smell will not be reduced by slightly being underground either. Just some food for thought. GOod luck!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

3 days of digging and im most the way there
doing this again with heavy equipment for sure in april
got them a solid 5 ft down in a 4x3 ft hole
im guna spend one more day diggin and cut off the sides a whole bunch to make sure they can get plenty of light
im hoping to get some pics up quick, been crazy buzy just cut down inside
tahoe bitches

Latest posts

Top Bottom