Triacontanol

• Thread starter Jarofunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just got my hands on some of this...

Does anyone have experience with it? If so what dosages did you use? And at what stages of life? What were the noticeable effects?
I have not used that specific product, I have used alfalfa hay and meal only, as both top-dressing and teas. My experience with it is as follows:

In veg, can cause huge spurts of growth. You should be cognizant of higher nutrient requirements resulting.
In flower, can cause a huge spurt of vegetative growth, such that it ruins good buds, so be careful using it in flower! Likely being a far more concentrated product, I would say a little dab'll do ya here.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
**No exp with this product**

Alfalfa meal @ 1cup into 2 gallons h2o and bubbled, use as follows:
I try and veg for about five weeks before flip, I use it twice in veg as a foliar and once in the first week of flower.
I have definitely ruined a great looking crop using alfalfa tea sprayed onto flowers five -six weeks in...

B

Bangarang

Is there really that noticeable of a difference when used in veg?
What it sounds like is for slow veging strains (purps/la con...) supplementing with triacontanol could help increase the size and vigor of the plant more rapidly. ?!?!?!

Shamus

Shamus

ik triac(o er a?)ntonal however its spelled is used in several bloom boosters (IE fire from h16 a good few others) so i would think its the nitrogen content of the meals and not necessarily the hormones. or possibly just too much tria + nits fuckin shit up.
most companies arent honest about it, so itll be hard telling how much is really in there

Alice D

Alice D

Triacontanol | Plant Hormone | Trichome Stimulant | Flower Boost:
  • Increase cell growth in roots, and used to produce thicker foliage, trichomes, and flowers.
  • Robust plants, that are more resistant to disease and pathogens.
  • Increases plant branching and allows for more nodes.
  • Improves establishment and growth of young plants produced from cuttings, seed or plugs.
  • Triacontanol helps plants suffering nutrient and growth deficiencies.
  • Triacontanol can increase plant or crop yield up to 40%.
  • Enhances photosynthesis and plant metabolism.
  • Induces the production of buds and flowering.
  • Allows the production of bigger leaves, and bigger root systems.

Triacontanol | Plant Hormone | Trichome Stimulant | Flower Boost is a fatty alcohol, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol, and it is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant for many plants, most notably roses, in which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks.

Triacontanol | Plant Hormone | Trichome Stimulant | Flower Boost Specification:
  • Product Name : Triacontanol | Plant Hormone | Trichome Stimulant | Flower Boost, TRIA
  • Storage Temperature: 2 to 6° C
  • CAS No: [593-50-0]
  • Structure Formula: C30H60
  • Molecular Weight: 438.82
  • Soluble in EtOH 1 mg/ml
  • Appearance: White Powder
  • Purity: 90%
  • Melting Point: 87 °C

I have yet to use this but mbferts.com is where I sourced this info. They have a few hormones including IBA that looks pretty sweet

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Is there really that noticeable of a difference when used in veg?
What it sounds like is for slow veging strains (purps/la con...) supplementing with triacontanol could help increase the size and vigor of the plant more rapidly. ?!?!?!
Go buy some and tell us what you notice- I don't know what the fuck it does anymore cause I don't have a control group. they all get the alfalfa meal tea hose from me.

PB

J

Jalisco Kid

Go to someone who knows. It is froma good company who backs their shit up. So I don't know but take a huge leap of faith and call them.
Tell them you are playing with Hops. They do not like to talk about herb. JK

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I think 'vital earth' sells bags of the meal 5, 10, 25lber's

Alice D

Alice D

does anyone feel using a straight Triacontanol product as opposed to alfalfa meal yields better results?
Definitely could two completely different animals your talking about. Like JK was saying those guys at mbferts.com know there stuff and are super cool. Also have smoking deals on equipment. It will say a price but then when you choose the free shipping option it drops the price drastically almost in half on some things. Their legit for sure I've ordered all my solis tek ballast and bulbs. 1000w ballast are under 200$ and their 1000w 4k MH flowering bulbs are around 60$ if you call even cheaper. They have a whole list of salts,hormones pure fulvic and humid acids a bunch of good shit. It's worth checking out.

J

Jalisco Kid

Definitely could two completely different animals your talking about. Like JK was saying those guys at mbferts.com know there stuff and are super cool. Also have smoking deals on equipment. It will say a price but then when you choose the free shipping option it drops the price drastically almost in half on some things. Their legit for sure I've ordered all my solis tek ballast and bulbs. 1000w ballast are under 200$ and their 1000w 4k MH flowering bulbs are around 60$ if you call even cheaper. They have a whole list of salts,hormones pure fulvic and humid acids a bunch of good shit. It's worth checking out.
I never said a thing about mbferts,that place looks like they copied Michel from super-grow.biz from years back. Tria is hard to play with,it is hard to get the same mix batch to batch. I have tried to disolve it a few different ways. Nutri guys give you the same dose time after time. Something you do not get with alfalfa teas. JK

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Nutri-stim is made with both ethanol and several non-ionic surfactants. I've read that to take advantage of the ++cation effect such as in Calcium 25, we need to dissolve with strictly ionic organic solvents (no Tween / poly 20). I think the non-ionic solutions are fine for fertigation, but may provide less benefit through foliar application than the ionic preparations.

Incidentally, home mixing with KOH, methanol, MEK, can be dangerous and the injury consequences are permanent, so maybe better to buy a commercially available product. Alfalfa tea is unlikely to contain much Triacontanol, if any. Unless maybe it's left long enough for fungus to colonize and digest lipids? With sufficient fungal biology in the growing media, and given enough time for the breakdown process, amended alfalfa meal can provide some effects, but not to the degree foliar spraying will.

J

Just Me

Just some more foundation: Triacontanol on photosynthesis has been demonstrated by an increase in CO2 fixation thus increases sugar concentrations. NTS Graeme Sait, has a great product plus much more that can be utilized, but you do not have to get it from Australia, it is now available in Ontario Canada. look to your soil food web to increase your sugars, fungi.com Use Fulvic acid with a CEC 1400, also Basalt crusher dust and zeolite. Add kelp, fish and molasses for both plant and soil food web. Also add Diatomaceous Earth for Silicon. Add boric acid (Boron): prior to flowering can be one of the most productive and cost effective strategies along with humic acid or fulvic if using other soluble inputs. Looking for potassium, boil potatoes, allow water to set over night and then use as part of your soluble input base. One more thing for now, 95% of the plant weight is from photosynthesis and 5% from the soil, so we are chlorophyll mangers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom